Tas Home Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyjak71

Reaction score
Hey all,
just wanted to give a shout out for the LHBS. As we all know the shop had been stuck in its ways for a fair while under the previous owners and credit where its due it kept many of us brewing for many years (quirks and all).

So with the new owners Pete and Trevor at the helm I have stopped in a few times since the change over for numerous small items and have been immensely happy to see the changes unfolding in store.

Stopped in earlier today for a new hydrometer tube and there is new gadgets in store with more gear on its way.

Portable keg chargers, temp controllers (which I bought one of), magnetic drive pumps (HERMs or RIMs anyone?) No rinse sanitiser instead of metabisulphite(?) Sodium perc, proper fermentis packs of yeast (no more underpitching with 7g 'in house' packs)
Hops are all packed in black resealable bags now with most being done in 100g packs instead of 50g like before.
They have heaps of mash brewing gear coming including kettle, falsies, mash tuns (the name Blichmann was mentioned numerously)
Wyeast is coming but they are hesitant on varieties, get in there and let them know what you would like to see. I mentioned starting with 1056, 1272, 1450 or similar fairly neutral work horse yeasts and gauge the response. From discussions it is going to make buying liquid yeast local cheaper or at least on par as buying online but without the postage costs.

Hell even the hydrometer tube was the proper two piece design for easier cleaning, drying.

I know we just did a group buy and we will continue to do so as it is so economical but can I kindly remind people to shop local where we can so that they in turn are there when we need them.
Oh and they are back open Saturdays 9am-1pm with talk of dropping a weekday in favour of 10am-4pm Saturday down the track.

Cheers and beers,

Jez

Agreed, they are top blokes. Liquid yeast would be great, 1469, 1272 and 3068 would be my personal favorites. Show your support for them where you can, and mention that you are interested in liquid yeasts when you are in the store next. They won't know you want any unless you ask!

Good luck to Peter and Trevor

I popped in on the weekend too.

Liking the new equipment on offer. Looking forward to upgrading from my Big W pot.

+1 on the new stock, I almost got giddy with all the new toys in there.

Popped in last week, very impressed with how much nicer the place looks! Noticed the yeast also (I only bought 1 pack, instead of 2!). See how things keep moving, but pretty impressed with the changes so far

Latest posts

Back