Tap Problems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siborg

Reaction score
I recently bought a kegerator with a dual font. I totally destroyed one of the provided taps (long story but I was NOT happy).

So I bought a replacement tap from G&G and rigged it all up. So I'll go through the problems I'm having with each tap:

Tap number 1: This is the replacement tap I bought from G&G. Its a standard keg king one micromatic tap. It pours fine, but the tap lever is terribly loose and I can't see any way to tighten it. I'm not talking about the tap handle, but the bit that the handle screws on to. Its so loose, that it doesn't actually hold pressure all the time. Basically its not closing properly. If I "snap" it closed, sometimes it closes, but not always and I can hear gas/beer escaping.

Tap number 2: This one is a bit firmer and definitely closes no problems. However, when pouring I get "surges" of foam, and it is just constant foam.

The beer is definitely not carbed yet so I can rule out overcarbing. I will try and take a video tonight to show what I mean.

Has anyone had similar problems? How would I go about taking them apart to check for blockages etc.? As far as I can tell, it doesn't appear that they can be dismantled.

sorry to hear that siborg.

I can't help, but had similar issues

The first twin font I bought had crap taps etc..., they leaked, I broke things and very quickly moved away from them.

sorry to hear that siborg.

I can't help, but had similar issues

The first twin font I bought had crap taps etc..., they leaked, I broke things and very quickly moved away from them.
What are you using now?

FWIW Siborg, I had a dodgy beer line disconnect on my system when I set it up. For the life of me I couldn't figure where the foam was coming from, I was blaming everything else but the disconnect.

Might be worth a look if you're still stumped.

Latest posts

Back