Tap-a-draft

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benarnot

Reaction score
Hi,

Was just checking out the new system called 'Tap-A-Draft' from the mob at www.ibrew.com.au

Was wondering if anybody had used this and could tell me if it was any good?

Cheers

Bernanot
Tap a draft works fine but the cost of the co2 bulbs is a bit steep and though I still use them for traveling at the moment I have corn to cornies, if it was me I'd go for these even if you have to wait till you can afford them.
Cheeers John

Bernanot
Tap a draft works fine but the cost of the co2 bulbs is a bit steep and though I still use them for traveling at the moment I have corn to cornies, if it was me I'd go for these even if you have to wait till you can afford them.
Cheeers John

Hi mate,

What do you mean by corn for cornies?

Also, how many bulbs does it take per bottle? It says on the website that it needs 4 per bottle. If you had four bottles per brew, thats sixteen bulbs which seems like alot...

Have you got the freezer carry bag thing?? Thats what looks most awesome to me!

Cheers

This is testing my (usually unreliable) memory quite a bit, but the major criticism I heard or read about the Tap a Draft system is that the bottles need to be replaced after a fairly low number of uses, or they can fail when pressurised. The exact details escape me but I suspect it is on Ibrew's site somewhere. OK just went there and seems the older style blue 6 litre bottles have been replaced with brown ones.

Quote : How long will the 6 litre bottles last?

The manufacturer suggest 10 uses from each 6 litre bottle however we have customers who have trebled this quota. Provided the bottles are not cleaned with boiling or hot water, or washed in harsh chemicals, they will last a very long time. We would ask that common sense prevails and that customers keep a check on the condition and general wear and tear on the bottles and threads.

Source http://www.ibrew.com.au/html/equipment/beerequipmentset.html

Also I think you just use one or two bulbs to charge the 6 litre bottles.

But if you are considering it just go and ask John there at Ibrew in Tonga Place. I used to be a pretty regular customer there when I lived at Carrara on the Goldie. But remember John is a pleasant enough guy but has very strong views about his products vis a vis everything else on the market and can be pretty dogmatic :)

The shop is, or was, chokkers with some amazing brewing and vinting bling so don't let yourself get sidetracked.

Latest posts

Back