Tap-a-draft Revisited

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Hope I'm not repeating a past question, but couldn't find answer in my search...

Has anyone adapted the tap-a-draft system to fit a standard 10L keg - It appears to me this would make a far neater dispenser than the soda stream bottle with regulator & tap - also gives you nitrogen mix as well if you require... & for approx $2.50 a 10L keg, pretty good value..... :chug:

Ross i have a tap-a-draft and i'm not sure if you can convert it but anything's possible. Maybe you could try something like this ebay Item number: 6204641388 . I have seen the tap & chargers sold at HB shops.

JB.

Just wondering how these tap o drafts are holding up to the abuse of day to day use whats breaking wearing out etc
Would also like to no how long the a cartridge last one to prime but how long does it hold its charge for (are they good for a cople weeks ,months etc)

sintax69 said:
Just wondering how these tap o drafts are holding up to the abuse of day to day use whats breaking wearing out etc
Would also like to no how long the a cartridge last one to prime but how long does it hold its charge for (are they good for a cople weeks ,months etc)
[post="74823"][/post]​

Sorry about that... Bloody preview screen...

My TAD is about 8 months old, and going strong. You use 2 CO2 bulbs to force carbonate, and another 2 to dispense. If you bottle condition, then you only use the 2 dispensing bulbs.

The sales pitch for the TAD claims that the brew remains carbonated "for weeks", but I have never been able to leave on for more than a week.

Sales Pitch PDF

Charges are available from most catering suppliers for about $5.00/box for Co2, and $7.00/box for N2, with a box holding 10 bulbs.

Hope this helps,

M

Latest posts

Back