Foam from two of four Taps/Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The alternative might be to replace the two problem taps with Intertaps - they are not overpriced and seem to work for you.

That is definitely an option. It would look a lot nicer.

Sounds like there's a restriction somewhere causing a pressure drop. Foam will never form if the line is balanced with the carbonation level. If there's a restriction somewhere this will cause a sudden pressure drop which forces CO2 out of solution.

Check the disconnects and shanks for bits of hop matter or somesuch clogging it.

Would i be correct in assuming there'd be visible foam in the lines in that case? I'll investigate tonight.

Haven't had a chance to do much more yet.

Well don't I feel stupid. :p

I was reading the wrong scale on the regulator. Assumed 1 bar was 10 psi (who knows why, could have been the beer) and set it to around 1.2bar thinking that was 12psi.

Needless to say, when I connected the regulator after getting a co2 refill this afternoon it all clicked. 18psi (roughly what 1.2bar equated to) is a long way from 12psi.

Thanks for all the responses. I figured it was the least I could do to give you all a laugh after your recommendations and help were essentially for naught.

At least the taps got a good clean. Which they were in sore need of.

Cheers. :party:

Latest posts

Back