T.a.s.t.e. 2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap Threa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good work on the new thread.

First off the bat for me is:

Tony's V Twin ESB

My bottle was a gusher! The longneck is still gushing in the sink! :(

In saying that, carbonation is high and effervescent.
Golden to light brown in colour, thin to medium bodied, hazy in appearance.
Minimal hop aroma, light on the bitterness, slightly pushing to the malt.

Raven,
Thats a bummer, i had two tasters last week and they were ok. Sorry, hope they are not all shite.

Tony

I've edited the article to show my beer number 23 is an APA and ready to drink.

Also many thanks to Tom for the lift home on Saturday night.

can we update the artical with whos beers r whos, like the two stubbies?

as far as i know the stubbies are gunna's, I think he had a mixed case with three diffrent beers, pale ale, Dr smurts golden ale and another? i think a english ale?

Raven,
Thats a bummer, i had two tasters last week and they were ok. Sorry, hope they are not all shite.

Tony

Tasted ok still mate, no serious flaws in the flavour from my limited pallette, it did not gush immediately, but within 30 seconds it was rising high!

Kieren & I had one of yours Tony & the carb was fine. Bloody delicious beer. There was some sort of a smell that I can't put a name to but apart from that it was brilliant. We had one of Goofinder's too. Absolute coffee deliciousness.

I tried one of tonyc's last night. It gushed on me too. I only ended up with half a bottle. What was left was pretty tasty. Earthy aroma and flavour... fuggles maybe?

Tasted ok still mate, no serious flaws in the flavour from my limited pallette, it did not gush immediately, but within 30 seconds it was rising high!

Raven,

i have one more if your game, i can drop in around after work tomorrow if ok.
Tony

Just chucked 4 in the fridge. 9, 11, 12 and 13. Dan's, Tony's, MOM's and Kieren's....I'm in for a treat! Think I'll only drink Dan's and MOM's tonight though.

You would think that 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary (with rousing in primary after a week) would get you to terminal gravity. There must have been a little bit left to go so my swap beer number 8 will froth up big in your glass if you don't pour it carefully. I'm going to stop kegging all my beer until I can bottle a beer like I use to and get it right. Have bought some soaking tubs for all my bottles, as well as a squirty thing that shoots water into the bottles (I use PBW with it)...I'll get all the bottles clean and then start bottling again. I'm off to collect some of those free crates they have on offer at the back of a local supermarket.

Cheers
Phil

i have one more if your game, i can drop in around after work tomorrow if ok.
Tony

Sure fella!, but only if its not out of your way mate, happy to let you sample what's on tap at my place too! (only 1 keg atm, I need to brew more!)

Just chucked 4 in the fridge. 9, 11, 12 and 13. Dan's, Tony's, MOM's and Kieren's....I'm in for a treat! Think I'll only drink Dan's and MOM's tonight though.

You would think that 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary (with rousing in primary after a week) would get you to terminal gravity. There must have been a little bit left to go so my swap beer number 8 will froth up big in your glass if you don't pour it carefully. I'm going to stop kegging all my beer until I can bottle a beer like I use to and get it right. Have bought some soaking tubs for all my bottles, as well as a squirty thing that shoots water into the bottles (I use PBW with it)...I'll get all the bottles clean and then start bottling again. I'm off to collect some of those free crates they have on offer at the back of a local supermarket.

Cheers
Phil

You didn't see the best after date on Kieren's bottle?

I'm in the same boat with beers finishing mate. I'll be racking & getting a reading on the porter I have in the fermenter at the moment. I used to be fine with bottling, must've got slack at some point.

I just read 'ready to drink' in the article, not 'ready to drink 9/4/11'...

woops, good thing I didn't crack it already...does it need to carb up still or can it sit in my fridge?

Sure fella!, but only if its not out of your way mate, happy to let you sample what's on tap at my place too! (only 1 keg atm, I need to brew more!)

No problem, i come past your place daily, will drop one in about 3.30

Tony

just drinking Bostons...delicious. Hoppy, balanced by the malt, good firm bitterness without being astringent and clean.

I tried Dr Smurtos last night. Wow what a beer!!

If I was to be a nit picker i'd say the bitterness mutes some of the lovely flavour that is there in the back ground... But at the same time I really really enjoyed the bitterness. Sounds ridiculous know (can i have my cake and eat it too please).

Very awesome beer mate thank you.

Maltyhops great job on the article. Makes choosing what to drink easy. cheers.

sorry forgot the t.

OK tonight I got into Amins Beer. Not quite what i was expecting. More like an American amber rather than a pale. A very nice sessionable beer none the less.

Nice looking beer lovely and bright in the glass. Initially a bit yeasty in aroma. Very clean. I picked up a definite malty caramel flavour that was most excellent.

Cheers

Back