Sydney to Goldie to Melbourne Brewery Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry, not sure if this is the right section to post this.

Anyway, I've quit my job and going to go on brewery crawl and looking for suggestions of breweries to visit. I'll be driving up the coast and I thought it's be a good opportunity to visit a few regional breweries. I'll then turn around and head down to Melbourne to visit my brother again stopping along the way. I'm hoping to do at least 14 breweries in 14 days. :beer:

All suggestions welcome as I need to start planning.

Cheers.

GC: Balter, Black Hops, Fortitude (Mt Tamborine).
Brisbane: Newstead, Green Beacon.
Head down the New England Hwy and stop at New England Brewing at Uralla.
Then across to Port Macquarie: Little Brewing Co, Black Duck.
Down to Newcastle, then central coast to visit Foghorn, Six String, Block n Tackle.

Next leg in next post!

Assume you already know or have done the Sydney breweries.

Canberra: Wig & Pen, Bentspoke.

Take the long way through Vic via the mountains, most of the roads should be open again by now.
Black Dog, Bridge Road, Sweetwater, Bright Brewery, Blizzard Brewing, Social Bandit.

Then to Melbourne for a squillion options!

Thanks mikec and welly2, some awesome suggestiins i hadn't though of.
When i get home I'll start plotting a course. I think the trickiest thing is going to be working out accommodation close enough to breweries. Its going to take restraint having tasting paddles and not finishing tasting because I'll have to drive.

Second the NE Victoria leg, very historic and scenic area.

There are a couple more up in the hunter valley. The hunter valley brewery (potters tavern) have accommodation onsite. Not much of a detour from the M1.

Sounds like a great trip, make sure to keep us updated.

Cheers Moad, I've been to Potters Brewery, Hope Estate, Lovedale and Matilda Bay, so I might by pass the hunter on this trip and I'm sure it won't be long till I get up there anyway.

I'll definitely keep you updated on tour. Cheers.

I was very underwhelmed with the beers at fortitude I had in there tasting paddle,the only good one was the 6 pack of black wolf I got as I was leaving.
Also I don't rate 6 string either, that's just my opinion

Need a designated driver? Or s roster of drivers up and down the coast who could sct ss relay legs and just keep passing you on to the nect courier.

Quite a few to be found off the Hume Highway on your trip to Melbourne.
Thirsty Cow at Wagga, Cheeky Peak at Aulbury ( spelling), Holgate,Beechworth,Bright and many others.
I'll bet that A you run out of time or B get done for DUI.....they'll have to shoot your tyres out to stop a bloke on a mission !

doctr-dan said:
I was very underwhelmed with the beers at fortitude I had in there tasting paddle,the only good one was the 6 pack of black wolf I got as I was leaving.
Also I don't rate 6 string either, that's just my opinion
For me its not just about the beers, I'm doing it as a bit of a research trip and some networking. I want to see what different breweries are doing, as in equipment and setup plus styles. I'm hoping to get to talk to brewers where I can. I guess finding beers that I don't like is almost as important as finding the ones I do. :p

madpierre06 said:
Need a designated driver? Or s roster of drivers up and down the coast who could act as relay legs and just keep passing you on to the next courier.
I like your way of thinking :beer: . It would be awesome to have someone to do it with, but it looks like this will be a solo mission. -_-

spog said:
Quite a few to be found off the Hume Highway on your trip to Melbourne.
Thirsty Cow at Wagga, Cheeky Peak at Aulbury ( spelling), Holgate,Beechworth,Bright and many others.
I'll bet that A you run out of time or B get done for DUI.....they'll have to shoot your tyres out to stop a bloke on a mission !
Yeah Spog, I have feeling there will be a few days spent in this region and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm very conscious about DUI, so there will be small tastings and long waiting periods. I'll be taking a few growlers so get some takeaways to enjoy at night. :beerbang:

If anyone can suggest good brew pubs I'm keen to check out a few as well. Thanks guys for the recommendations.

Latest posts

Back