Sydney Malt Bulk Buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also looked at sourcing grain from Cryer Malts in Melbourne. While this offers a greater range and obtainable at the same prices on which the recent Melbourne bulk buy was based, the main problem is independently organising transport to Sydney. This would also add about $5 to the price of each bag if the order is about the 500 kg mark. Possibly there is someone out there better positioned to organise such freight collection and delivery.

Cheers,

Merrick

Hope you don't mind me popping up on this thread, but if you wish to purchase Cryer malts, we are now organising bulk buys on behalf of Cryer Malts around the country here
If you'd rather go the other way, that's cool :)

Any help required, feel free to email me.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Thanks Ross,

Just confirming I'm still happy organise a bulk buy from Ross. Same conditions should apply re payments/delivery/distribution. Friends, Romans and countrymen, let me know your needs please.

Cheers,

Merrick

What grains and prices can you get from Cryers, Ross?

EDIT: do we get another price break if we hit the ton? ie 50 bags? $2300 for a ton of base malt doesn't sound like a good price to me at all.

What grains and prices can you get from Cryers, Ross?

EDIT: do we get another price break if we hit the ton? ie 50 bags? $2300 for a ton of base malt doesn't sound like a good price to me at all.

All grains & prices listed on the link I gave. Just 20 mixed bags needed to qualify.
Your maths are a bit dodgy, a mixed tonne starts from $1520 gst inc. :)

Cheers Ross

Im still in if this goes ahead direct from Cryer or even through Ross. Can we get a freight cost & go from there say a pallet rate?

Those prices for JW are appauling for a bulk buy. I can buy a single bag from lhbs cheaper.

All grains & prices listed on the link I gave. Just 20 mixed bags needed to qualify.
Your maths are a bit dodgy, a mixed tonne starts from $1520 gst inc. :)

Cheers Ross

25Kg bags, are they? I thought Australian malts were packaged in 20kg bags for OH&S, whereas the Europeans were 25. Can you please clarify? I didn't think there'd be more detail after "call for pricing". Cheers.

25Kg bags, are they? I thought Australian malts were packaged in 20kg bags for OH&S, whereas the Europeans were 25. Can you please clarify? I didn't think there'd be more detail after "call for pricing". Cheers.

Yes, all 25kg each, Aussie & European.

If you read the line directly below "Call for pricing"...

"Get your mates together for a bulk buy - Minimum 20 sacks. For sack prices click on picture... "

Anyway, new link here

Cheers Ross

Hope you don't mind me popping up on this thread, but if you wish to purchase Cryer malts, we are now organising bulk buys on behalf of Cryer Malts around the country here

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer
So are you doing Cryer malt bulk buys to WA? Please confirm.
Gryphon Brewing
Perth WA

The following summarises to date expressions of interest in this bulk buy. Where someone has asked for a 'few' bags I've assumed it means three.

KillerRx4 3 Sydney
Postmodern 3 Illawarra
KGB ? Sydney
Niceshoes 1 Blacktown
Oblomov 1 Willoughby
Kingy 3 Wimmalee
Cortez the killer 2 Wollongong
DK 1 Sydney
Hophead 2 ?
Blackbock ? Shoalhaven
Eric8 ? Turramurra
Josh ? Oxley Park
Merrick 1 Mona Vale

If a '?' means a minimum of 1 bag then we have reached the 20 bag minimum for an order through Ross using the prices on his website plus whatever the final freight charges are. I've included the locations of those interested in the buy. Before the next step can be taken, a volunteer is needed to accept delivery of pallet and get involved in being available for bag collections. Or maybe someone out there has some better workable suggestions.
Is this a goer or shall I scrap the idea?

Cheers,

Merrick

The following summarises to date expressions of interest in this bulk buy. Where someone has asked for a 'few' bags I've assumed it means three.

KillerRx4 3 Sydney
Postmodern 3 Illawarra
KGB ? Sydney
Niceshoes 1 Blacktown
Oblomov 1 Willoughby
Kingy 3 Wimmalee
Cortez the killer 2 Wollongong
DK 1 Sydney
Hophead 2 ?
Blackbock ? Shoalhaven
Eric8 ? Turramurra
Josh ? Oxley Park
Merrick 1 Mona Vale

If a '?' means a minimum of 1 bag then we have reached the 20 bag minimum for an order through Ross using the prices on his website plus whatever the final freight charges are. I've included the locations of those interested in the buy. Before the next step can be taken, a volunteer is needed to accept delivery of pallet and get involved in being available for bag collections. Or maybe someone out there has some better workable suggestions.
Is this a goer or shall I scrap the idea?

Cheers,

Merrick

I can host the pallet and accept bag collections.
I'm located at North Ryde NSW and can be available onsite 6.30am to 5.00pm for couriers/collectors etc.

I can't/won't handle any money so as long as bags and couriers are paid for then no problem.

Ian...

:( Sorry guys. Just bought half a bag in another bulk buy

I'm in for one definitely at the moment. Picking up from Nth Ryde is fine by me.
eric

Put me down for 5 bags please...

Pickup from Nth Ryde is perfect.

Cheers
Ben

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

This is true. I've had dealings with David from Creyer in the past.
I sent him an email the other day and he has directed me to Ross.
So I think your best and cheapest option is to deal with Ross for the bulk buys.
Cheers.

I'm in for a bag of Pilsner and Ale Malt, I'm in Newcastle but will pick up from closest pickup point.
If Nth Ryde is the spot then I could bring a few bags back to Newcastle for the boys up here.
Steve

Latest posts

Back