Sydney Case Split

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to see some American beers on the list, I haven't tried any American craft beers to date.

There are alot of beers on the list that I have already tried. Will CloudWine have a different range or are they basicly the same?
www.slowbeer.com.au is cloudwine's online site. It has a few more American craftbeers but less UK I think.

purvis is more expensive

So... to avoid polls dragging on and the confusion that ensues, is it a bad idea to cap the list of people at 24, first in best dressesd, and everyone gets to pick one beer? The list of beers justs gets built the same as the list of particpants did? That way at least you get one beer you want to try... :p

If the one you wanted is already on the list, it's a bonus and you get to add another.....

and;

1. Gulpa
2. RetsamHsam
3. King Python
4. Gruntus the Flatulent
5. Pollux
6. Rosswill
7. Gibbocore
8. Josh
9. Grantw
10. Weasel Estate Brewery
11. slacka
12. Muggus
13. Captaincleanoff
14. SirOtilc
15. Damian44
16. Paddo
17. Schooey

Fairnuff. Should we make a wiki article then and run it like a case swap? Editing the one page seems to work better than copying in a thread.

cheers

grant

Fairnuff. Should we make a wiki article then and run it like a case swap? Editing the one page seems to work better than copying in a thread.

cheers

grant

Yeah I reckon. Your name goes on the list, and once the supplier has been decided, you put the beer you pick against your name

I have sent an email to Camperdown Cellars to see what they have to offer.

I'll post back if/when I hear back from them.

This is a list of beers that camperdown cellars usually stock.. They have informed me that they are happy to source any other beers we are after provided the supplier carries it. So let me know if there is something you want that isn't on the list and I will forward it onto them.

Lucky Beer
Little Creatures:: Pale ale, Pilsner, Bright ale, Rogers.
Moo Brew:: Hefeweiss, Pale ale.
Red oak:: Christmas Cheer, Wee heavy, Irish ale, Honey ale, Chocolate stout, Blackberry Hefe, Organic pale, Organic Hefe.
James Squire Brewery:: Pilsner, Golden ale, Amber ale, IPA, Porter, Sundowner lager
Malt Shovel Brewery:: Ten20 Commemorative ale.
Matilda Bay Brewery:: Bohemian, Beez Neez, Alpha Pale ale, Dogbolter, Fat yak pale.
Knappstein:: Enterprise lager.
Lord Nelson:: Three Sheets, Old Admiral.

International:: asside from your 'regualrs', becks, peroni nastro azzuro, corona, heineken, grolsch etc.
We'll confirm order with you before sourcing full cases (if we don't have them already).

Weihenstephaner:: Original, Pilsner, Hefeweiss, Hefeweiss Dunkel, Kristalweiss, Traditional, Vitus, Korbinian, Festbier
Schofferhoffer:: Kristalweiss, Hefeweiss
Franziskaner:: Hefeweiss, Hefeweiss Dunkel
Timmermans:: lambic range (inc fruit lambics)
Trappist ales:: Chimay range, Westmalle triple.
Unibroue range:: (availability dependent on supplier), Ephemere, La fin du monde, Trois Pistole, Terrible
Wells & Young UK beers
Boddingtons ale
Moa range
Monteiths range
Mac's brewery
Budweiser
Labalt blue
Leffe:: Blonde, Brune, Radieus
Peroni:: Leggera, Peroni red, Gran riserva
Birra Moretti
Guillotine
Delerium Tremens
Vivat
Duvel
Elephant lager
Elephant green
Hoegaarden:: White, Fruit de forest, Grand cru
Trois Monts
Budejovicky
Kronenbourg 1664
Staropramen
Pilsner Urquell
Amstel
Sexy Lager
Kirin
Tiger Beer
Kingfisher
Tsingtao
Asahi
Sinha, Sinha Stout
Yebisu
Sapporo, Sapporo Draught

Oh not Lucky Beer please... its an amazing bottle that hides an amazingly average beer.

Guys do you want me to ask Cloudwine\Slowbeer since Camperdowns Cellars doesn't seem much better?

i was keen on some rarer english ones and some USA micros, still havnt had SNPA

Not taking part, but following the thread (also interested in the cost).

Lucky beer is terrible (yeah cool bottle though).
I'd leave Budweiser, Labalt Blue and Amstel off, IMHO
But a real tasty looking list ... And Sinha Stout is really awesome stuff.

Guys do you want me to ask Cloudwine\Slowbeer since Camperdowns Cellars doesn't seem much better?

It won't hurt to see what the other guys can offer..

i was keen on some rarer english ones and some USA micros, still havnt had SNPA

I'm in the same boat. I have enquired about which US craft beers he will be able to supply, I will also ask whether he can get his hands on anymore UK beers.

Here is the response I got from Camperdown Cellars. So let me know of any specific beers you guys might want from US/Canada/UK and I will forward them on.

Heya Damien,

Product names certainly help. Whilst we're aware of many American/Canadian craft beers which come over into Australia (Unibroue, Sierra Nevada, Rogue brewery etc) not all of them come across to NSW and not all of them are distributed. We're finding many larger online beer stores import them specifically for their own sale in their own state.

Regarding UK/English/Scottish beers and other beers from the EU, the sky is the limit...I've actually left alot of the list I sent, simply because there's too many to list hah. We carry a fair range of the UK imports at any one time and have access to many many more. Given enough notice and depending on availability we can source these for you. Without listing them all atm (we can source around another 100 or so), think of a few you are keen on and we'll take it from there.

I'll emailed cloudwine regarding prices, freight and stock availability.

What about Platinum Liquor?
Went into their Concord/North Stratfield store the other day and they had quite a few American micros and other rarities.

Im interested in the UK/US stuff as well. I would also be interested in some of european stuff as long as we didnt go for the mainstream stuff that is available everywhere.

Cheers
Andrew.

Basically:
1st Choice: one of the big guys, not enough US stuff
Camperdown Cellars: little US stuff, can get more UK stuff
Slowbeer: need to pay freight, out of stock on some imports
Platinum: need to check

Guys,

To provide some detail around what Cloudwine / slowbeer can do:

- For stocks please take a look at www.slowbeer.com.au. You will note that quite a few beers are out of stock; this is because we are very keen to make sure stocks on any given day are accurately reflected on the web. I don't want to bullshit people about what we 'might' b able to get. If I did I'd have 900 beers listed.

- Our standard deal is 10% off any doz or more single beers. It can be tough for us to go deeper given margins are just not that great to start with but we can provide an accurate view once the deisred beers are known (ie some suppliers are more generous with deals than others).

- We freight a LOT of beer to Syd and Bris. Costs are on the website (I think Syd is about $15). In some cases our standard discount may 'fund' the freight so bear this in mind if you want to avoid the hassles of splitting cases in Syd.

Michael - I have fwd your email to Chris (our beer guy) - he'll get back to you shortly.

cheers all.

Latest posts

Back