Sydney Case Split

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought we were just waiting for the numbers. Not many to go now...

Just my two bobs worth. I think the biggest problem was you had tooo big a diverse range of brews and everyone seemed to be running around, all with the best intentions, but no one was then able to make a decision. No one fault, just the problem with a number of people trying to help and almost getting in everyone elses way.

No one answered my underlying question - can you buy a carton of these specialty beers cheaper than buying a single or six pack ? Most places I've seen the answer is almost always no.

Therefore if the emphasis of this collective is to get our hands on some brews you can't get at the moment (ie importer) -someone has to be the SOLE organiser.

If the idea is to buy say six cartons of differeing beer and split that among a number of guys, then it again would be best if ONE person took the lead.

It also makes sense to co-ordinate this event in a club or case swap scenario so we can purchase, collect and distribute the beers easily.

I would offer but I can't do the job from where I live. Beside, I've never heard of some of the beers you blokes are talking about !

Does it make sense to align something like this to our two or three a year case swap agenda ? It does to me, what about you blokes ?

So with a case swap coming next month, can we do it ?

if not im happy to hold on to yours and look after them for you fatz, till the next time your up here in sydney. i might just pick a fruit beer just for you.

if not im happy to hold on to yours and look after them for you fatz, till the next time your up here in sydney. i might just pick a fruit beer just for you.

Drink them for me, then refill them with fruit beers I reckons !

(shouldn't give you ideas !!!)

thats a damn good idea mate so what do you reckon?
on the upside they would go to the education of the masses ie my work mates.

thats a damn good idea mate so what do you reckon?
on the upside they would go to the education of the masses ie my work mates.

what .. you'd share my bottles of $8 - $12 beer with your hairy navy mates .. not likely. Refill them with that kit beer you make and they wouldn't know the difference ! :icon_drunk:

EDIT : For those just joining this thread, go back to my first posting and tell me what you think.

your probably right about them although there is a few homebrewers in the batch.

Latest posts

Back