Sydney Case Split

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincleanoff

Kings Cross Brewery
Reaction score
I have recently been spending quite a bit of cash on single bottles of beer, mostly fairly unique beers which are quite expensive in the case.

This got me thinking - it would be great to be able to buy a mixed case of 24 different beers.

So now I'm thinking if we can get a bunch of people together in Sydney, we can all go in on a selection of cases, then share them.

If possible, I would like to get 24 people together, so then we can get 24 cases and have 1 of each beer. I'm only going to consider 'more expensive' and unusual beers. Once we get the numbers together, we can vote on the beers.

If anyone here is interested in participating in this, please let me know :)

Nice work there Cap.

My finances are not exactly in shape for cases of expensive stuff, but it is a great idea to bulk buy the top grog.

I think it might be an idea to approach a retailer with the finalised order, drive the total price down and get them to order the entire lot of stock in fresh, and in sealed cases.

One potential problem I can see, is that many imported beers come in cases of 12 or 20 or even 6... which might make it hard to distribute among people.

I think the 'best' solution might be to 'bulk buy' get a pallet from Platinum Cellars, slowbeer, purvis etc with all these cases on it and divy up the costs evenly. Since not only are case numbers different but so are case costs.

my good mate works at First Choice in Naremburn, which is probably the best beer store around here.

I can organise for him to order the beers so we get nice fresh, sealed cases.

He'll definitely be able to discount too.

I'd be interested- would it possible to get a list from First Choice as well?

He's printing a list off at work today.

Will post all the available beers here tomorrow.

I may well be swayed into this one as well....

Any update on this?

Wasn't able to see my mate from First Choice yesterday - am seeing him this arvo, so will post the beers tonight!

Anyone else that is interested, please let me know! Trying to get the numbers up to 24

If you can't get 24, there are probably other online and local retailers willing to do deals.

so far, 'interested' people:

1. Gulpa
2. RetsamHsam
3. King Python
4. Gruntus the Flatulent
5. Pullux
6. Rosswill
7. Gibbocore
8. Josh
9. Grantw
10. Weasel Estate Brewery

Looking good.

Once we finalise the beers and participants, I will require payment before I make the order. The cost will be split equally between all participants.

Pickup from Willoughby, which is just next to Chatswood.

1. Gulpa
2. RetsamHsam
3. King Python
4. Gruntus the Flatulent
5. Pullux
6. Rosswill
7. Gibbocore
8. Josh
9. Grantw
10. Weasel Estate Brewery
11. slacka

Latest posts