Sydney Case Split

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure we will find something interesting in that lot.

As an aside, does that mean I can go into a First choice and order a case of any of the beers on that list?

Thanks
Andrew.

I think we need to arrange someone to do a courier run through the Inner West with the resulting split cases, if I had a car I'd be happy to do it myself, but alas I am the one needing help.

And I think an AHB poll is needed.

Hats off for organising such a complicated bulk buy! It's a shame Mecs won't be on the list but there are plenty of other choices to quench our thirsts.

I think we need to arrange someone to do a courier run through the Inner West with the resulting split cases, if I had a car I'd be happy to do it myself, but alas I am the one needing help.

And I think an AHB poll is needed.

I think everyone would just vote for you to be the courier. :icon_cheers:

cheers
Andrew.

I meant a poll to sort out the beers chosen :p

As for courier work, if someone wants to give me their car for the day, I am happy to spend the day shipping everyone's beer around.

I meant a poll to sort out the beers chosen :p

As for courier work, if someone wants to give me their car for the day, I am happy to spend the day shipping everyone's beer around.

From memory, I think a poll can only have 5 or 6 options.

Cheers
Andrew.

That is an issue there....

Okay back to plan A

I was thinking that there is a wildly different price between some of these beers. Would it be better to see how many make the list, everyone nominates a beer they want to try, a quote is obtained for that list of beers and it's divided by the number of participants?

We could use surveymonkey to do the poll perhaps?

Put the beer list on, distribute the link and we then vote for our 24 preferences. Some may win, some may lose but you get to taste some of the beers you wanted to or didn't otherwise know about.

I'm guessing that we will be about $150 - $200 for the case.

grant

Sorry, what???

$200 for the spilt case...........

Surely not.

Sorry, what???

$200 for the spilt case...........

Surely not.

Depends on the beers we select I guess, but some of those English 500ml bottles are about $12 a single while the Belgians can be exy too - I'm budgeting on an average price of between $5 - $8 a bottle for a case of 24.

cheers

grant

shouldn't we wait for the polling untill we have 24 members?

Also, gotta have the TTLLPA in there.

$200 sounds about right.

So... to avoid polls dragging on and the confusion that ensues, is it a bad idea to cap the list of people at 24, first in best dressesd, and everyone gets to pick one beer? The list of beers justs gets built the same as the list of particpants did? That way at least you get one beer you want to try...:p

If the one you wanted is already on the list, it's a bonus and you get to add another.....

and;

1. Gulpa
2. RetsamHsam
3. King Python
4. Gruntus the Flatulent
5. Pollux
6. Rosswill
7. Gibbocore
8. Josh
9. Grantw
10. Weasel Estate Brewery
11. slacka
12. Muggus
13. Captaincleanoff
14. SirOtilc
15. Damian44
16. Paddo
17. Schooey

Now that I do the maths, $200 is possible.

Did that list of yours come with a price list as well? Just find the most expensive per bottle beer and times it by 24.

I presume prices will come at the end since 1st Choice doesn't want their competitors to have easy access to their price list. We should also get a discount off the top too I think.

Should I ask some one like Cloudwine too just to offer the small guy a chance to match? Their prices are often competitive with Dans from what I remember.

Pollux - I think somebody on the second page voluntered to do the inner west run for us as long as it wasn't Ashfield :lol:

I was hoping to see some American beers on the list, I haven't tried any American craft beers to date.

There are alot of beers on the list that I have already tried. Will CloudWine have a different range or are they basicly the same?

cap the list of people at 24, first in best dressesd, and everyone gets to pick one beer? The list of beers justs gets built the same as the list of particpants did? That way at least you get one beer you want to try... :p

+1 for doing it this way. Will make the whole thing easier...

Yeh perhaps slowbeer would worth contacting - they do have much more interesting beers.. Its just whether they can offer a significant saving if we do a bulk buy, considering they have to post all the beer up to sydney...

What about that place at northmead/westmead? I forget what it is called. I have heard they can be expensive?

Regards
Andrew.

Latest posts

Back