• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Swap Natural Gas Setup For Lpg (nsw)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insight

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've just moved into a new rental place which doesn't have an outdoor NG point. So I'm looking to swap kit with someone currently using an LPG setup. Probably only makes sense if you live somewhere near Sydney. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

I'm currently getting a good rolling boil using a 50L flat-bottomed pot with 30L preboil, 23L post-90min-boil. The burner will raise 40L of strike water at a rate of about 2 degrees per minute (so from 20 degrees to 72 degrees in 25-30 mins). It doesn't break any land speed records, but you won't be running out of gas any time soon and I'm sure you've already worked out the cost benefits :D

What I have:
A 4-ring cast iron burner modified for NG
A BBQ NG conversion kit from Bunnings comprising:
6 x BBQ jets
2m (I think) stainless gas hose and suitable regulator

No-one interested in saving money? Is this a homebrewers forum? :D

OK, so if you don't have any gear to swap but your missus is telling you to get your brewing kit out of the kitchen I'm happy to sell this on cheap. I'll put the funds towards buying new LPG kit. The added bonus is you can swap your BBQ over to NG too. Please send me a PM if interested.

Cheers :beer:

Why don't you just get a plumber to install an outdoor NG point?

Latest posts

Back