Supposing I Found a Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine if you had paid for a small fortune for your kegs and they got either stolen or not returned, it hurts. Especially if you are a smallish brewery with a small keg stock.

pcmfisher said:
They might not, too
We could go on for days about whether or not they could or should . But the point is that I feel better trying to do the right thing. I don't always achieve this but I try. The original poster should too. Easy for me to say. If I want a keg my wife is happy for me to go out and buy one. So I understand that is not the same for everyone.

If it belongs to one of the megaswill conglomerates, then keep it and be most righteous.
If it belongs to a craft brewery, contact them and let the fates have their way.

If it fell off the back of a truck figuratively, give it back. If literally, refer previous sage internet wisdom.

If keeping it, print out the Internet advice and glue it onto the keg.

I think you'll find it's called "Steal by finding" and it is a criminal offence in NSW. If it appears the owners name is on it you have to make a proper effort to tell them you found it.

if it was near a tree a dog probably pissed on it. :lol:

If it was from a big brewery a cat definitely pissed in it.

Ross said:
We sent 9 kegs to Melb GBW 2 years ago & didn't get a single keg back - The loss was a huge hit for a little brewery like ours & if it wasn't for the bar in question finally settling a year later (we were very fortunate) it's unlikely we would have done another interstate beer event. The kegs are owned by someone, big or small, it's no excuse to steal...
P.S. The 9 kegs are still lost somewhere & are all embossed with the Bacchus name - Reward for their safe return if you spot them anywhere :)

Cheers Ross
They'll turn up on ebay at sometime Ross.

I'm starting to feel guilty about all those UD milk crates , Telecom rope and CHEP pallets I have lying around to.

The Telstra rope is fine. They can't reuse it. That's why it gets left around like it does.

Look at the very tall horses most of you guys are getting about on. Absolute paragons of virtue, I'll wager.

It seems like a blatantly rhetorical type of dealy to me.

Dave70 said:
I'm starting to feel guilty about all those UD milk crates , Telecom rope and CHEP pallets I have lying around to.
Nice to see someone else still uses the word Telecom :)

edit: ...and so does Booargy!

I still call it Telecom too!

Anyways, it's a Little Creatures keg, and it did indeed literally fall off the back of a truck, or at least I'm presuming so, because it was on a sharp and bumpy bend in the road. It'd been there for some time as I drove past it 4 times over 4 days before I decided to stop and pick it up.

I'll fly LC an email and ask if they want it back to assuage my own conscience, despite the fact that shame may give my beer the extra zing it needs.

Cheers,

FB

There are other ways one can add shame to every batch.

Happily, this will also cost you your eternal soul!

bum said:
There are other ways one can add shame to every batch.

Happily, this will also cost you your eternal soul!
And your vision too.

Latest posts

Back