Supposing I Found a Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote name="Fat *******" post="1097237"

I'll fly LC an email and ask if they want it back to assuage my own conscience, despite the fact that shame may give my beer the extra zing it needs.

Cheers,

FB[/quote]

Fuckers will prob ask you to send it to WA at your expense

Email them pictures of the keg, telling them you have information about a keg that fell off a truck... should you send it back or can you keep it?

Presumably they will email you back, but don't open the email.

For a brief moment you have a psuedo schrödinger's keg, where you should send back and can keep the keg at the same time.

Then turn it into a keggle. :ph34r:

you know you want to; send them a ransom letter. old school with magazine/paper cut out letters.

best case, they'll find the humour in it and give you something free and you won't live with the shame bum speaks of!

Give them your neighbours address, tell them to pick it up and watch... If they say that they won't pick it up then you have a keg, but at least your beer won't taste of bad karma.

The last time I gave LC back a keg that I found they gave me a mixed carton of their beers. Totally worth it.

I'm imagining a couple of mysterious keg tracking cops wandering the countryside hunting down lost/ stolen kegs. You think you're safe when... BAM!!! They're on your doorstep.

I should write a book about this.

I wonder why breweries dont offer a refundable deposit on return type system. (like you see on all the soft drink bottles - "5c refund in SA")

Then there might be an incentive for people to hand them back,

or....

it also might lead to a black market operation of stealing kegs from outside pubs to return them for the deposit.

or .....

If the deposit was only paid in SA a black market smuggling operation with clandestine crews sneaking them across border....

or....

it might become an alternate currency for drug addicts paying their dealer in stolen kegs....

or...

I got noting else. (I probably shouldve stopped at "why dont they have a refundable deposit")

Probably more like:

or...

Small breweries will have trouble getting small bars to fork over extra money.

Ring them up and tell them you have it and for them to come and pick it up......you'll probably have it there forever.

GrumpyPaul said:
I wonder why breweries dont offer a refundable deposit on return type system. (like you see on all the soft drink bottles - "5c refund in SA")

Then there might be an incentive for people to hand them back,

or....

it also might lead to a black market operation of stealing kegs from outside pubs to return them for the deposit.

or .....

If the deposit was only paid in SA a black market smuggling operation with clandestine crews sneaking them across border....

or....

it might become an alternate currency for drug addicts paying their dealer in stolen kegs....

or...

I got noting else. (I probably shouldve stopped at "why dont they have a refundable deposit")
It probly has more to do with the two large breweries can afford to absorb it into their operating costs and the small ones don't have the power to introduce it. To many pubs would just walk away. In the end it is going to affect the bottom line of the small ones more then the big ones.

bum said:
Probably more like:

or...

Small breweries will have trouble getting small bars to fork over extra money.

I'm imagining a couple of mysterious keg tracking cops wandering the countryside hunting down lost/ stolen kegs. You think you're safe when... BAM!!! They're on your doorstep.

I should write a book about this.
Thats got Will Smith written all over it. Option it!

The buggers want it back!
Have arranged for collection, hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later, as I'm worried what effect smug honesty will have on my beer.

And if they stiff you on a reward, visit one of their breweries with a pocket full of lacto.

See, this post wouldn't happen if that were a CUB or LION keg.

Fat ******* said:
The buggers want it back!
Have arranged for collection, hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later, as I'm worried what effect smug honesty will have on my beer.
Past it forward, it's your turn next.

Surely a free keg was his turn?

The cosmos will frown upon this.

Latest posts

Back