Sunshine Coasters Oktoberfest In Agnes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Henno, all I can say is NICE WORK!!!
Had an absolute cracker of a time and that was the drive to Henno's. I do owe the guys an apology for crackin the shits, but you can only handle so many hours of driving a car load of pissed units around. If I were not driving my outlook may have been different, but I'm with Bulp "BEST ROADTRIP EVER"
It was great to catch up with QldKev (and wife) again and meeting Budwiser was a highlight, hope to do it again.
Henno the Oktoberfest #2 was good, but the Golden Ale was sensational. Thanks for taking us into your home and putting on a top gathering, and that toilet is priceless (and very accurate :blink: )
Pic's will be added later.

Jay

Thanks to everybody for coming it was a pleasure having you all. The beer, food and company was great. For all those that did not attend the shooting waggon arrived first and 3 very drunk dudes rolled out onto the property. The driver was looking a bit dazed and confused himself. Budwiser turned up on his bike with two kegs strapped to the back seat. I hope somebody posts pics of that. Qld Kev and his lovely wife Julie turned up and then it was on for young and old.

itbegins.jpg

Before dark we did a little safari around the property with a stop at the brewery and then a walk up the white hill which will be the future launch site for a pretty serious flying fox that will terminate over the dam. Pics will follow when we build that of course. Hopefully have it up and running by the second inaugural Okky at Aggy though.

markdrinks.jpg
rollmops.jpg
rollmopmadness.jpg

I thought I'd take a little pic of my barby effort but like a moth to a flame whenever you get out a camera and Incider is around you'll get pics that look like this:
inciderbbq.jpg

But dinner happened eventually somehow
bbqpigout.jpg
If you enlarge this last pic take a close look at Bulp. He disappeared into the darkness just before dinner and a full blown search party found him under a tree. A massive come back by the Bulp after dinner got him some big respect points from me at least. Well done Brett.

When the going got tough the tough went to bed. I had this incredible feeling of deja vu watching this for some reason...
flashback.jpg

Try as I might Jay just had to help Bulp with his erection problem
bedassembly.jpg

Sometimes I just go into their rooms and watch them sleep.....
jaysleeps.jpg

Breakfast was great and Budwiser's brekky sausage patties were what we needed. Many thanks to Lyle for stepping in and cooking, I was in not in any fit state for some reason.
brekkysadness.jpg

Henno,
Top night mate. Thanks for that. Great meeting all you guys, glad to see all got home with out incident. I only had an hour trip, but took until noon to feel up to riding the bike home
sad.gif

The Golden ale was a top brew.....did I tell you bulp how much I liked your wheat beer???? Tastes just like the one I made
laugh.gif

Did we have a ciggy cough in the morning InCider?? I did.
Great food, beer, and new friends....doesn't get any better than that. :D

You can tell when Budwiser doesn't like your beer, it ends up on the lawn! I was kind enough to go behind the water tanks to pour mine out at least. It tasted similar to the last wheat I made as well, no mine tasted worse than that and it ended up on the lawn. The Alt that Jay supplied was a cracka as well, there would have been no protests if you had left that keg behind. Sorry Chris but I never tried the cider being a hetrosexual and all.

The other respect award should go to the oldest member of our group who was the last man standing. He plays hard my American mate, builds a pretty mean brewery too.

I want to see more pics now please.

Here are my pic's lads.......
And Screwy HTFU you say, at least I made it there ya limp wristed coconut thrower. :D
The_bar_is_open.JPG
On the open road and the bar is open for tasting.
beer_delivery.JPG
The beer delivery arrived, maybe a new business venture.
the_shitter.JPG
Henno's toy, a must for all occasions. Ask Bulp how accurate that jet is. :blink:

Jay

Nice pair of hats. :wub:
PA180112.jpg

Rosemont Locals. Scary Stuff. 'Boy, you gots a pirdy mouf' :lol:
PA180104.jpg

Catching the head from an overzealous mid-flight refuel. One more tap and she'll fit! :blink:
PA180097.jpg

Well a big thank you to Henno, for putting up with us all. It was great to catch up with all the guys again, and meet Mark. I'm a bit worried after that Golden Ale, if I keep going to these meetings drinking stuff like that I may have join the AG crew. And I didn't even get in trouble for the wife ending up being the only female.

QldKev

Henno,

Bloody Awsome night. Well worth the trip up. ( At least what I can remember of the trip up).
Can't remember last time I laughed so hard. Jay should check I did not keave a wet seat in the car.

Lookin forward to next year.

Lilo

Latest posts

Back