Sunshine Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple Simon said:
Hey guys,

Definitely still keen to get involved in this. I think Brewbake might be a good idea especially seeing as they are trying to get bulk buys going. The only concern about having it there would be the time that they are open. Dropped in for a few beers there the other week and Hayden was very forthcoming with brewing information and is a top bloke.

Simon
If they are trying to get bulk buy grain going we should support them. Is there a website stating the grain BB??

Batz

Batz said:
If they are trying to get bulk buy grain going we should support them. Is there a website stating the grain BB??

Batz
Batz, don't know if you are on Facebook, but they shared a link on their brewbake page the other day. Someone did post a screen shot of it on here the other day

Got a call back from Greg from SC brewery today,they are keen to hold meetings & run it whichever way we wan't ie. bring our own beer to share & taste .+ they would like to educate Brewers on what they can do to help us improve our own brews..
I think they are keen to meet Home Brewers & help us out.

Just an update
PS.For my 2c, I personally liked his attitude while talking to him on the phone.So that's it. :beer:

ash2 said:
Got a call back from Greg from SC brewery today,they are keen to hold meetings & run it whichever way we wan't ie. bring our own beer to share & taste .+ they would like to educate Brewers on what they can do to help us improve our own brews..
I think they are keen to meet Home Brewers & help us out.

Just an update
PS.For my 2c, I personally liked his attitude while talking to him on the phone.So that's it. :beer:
He's a nice bloke, Greg knows a few of us fairly well already.

Batz said:
He's a nice bloke, Greg knows a few of us fairly well already.
He said ,someone from this site P**ter gave him a serve about what they where trying to do.So he got disillusioned with the whole thing & gave the idea up.

ash2 said:
He said ,someone from this site P**ter gave him a serve about what they where trying to do.So he got disillusioned with the whole thing & gave the idea up.
He's not Robinson Crusoe there. :lol:

G'day all

I "rekindled" this post after speaking to Matt at SCB last Saturday. I mentioned that there had been some discussion on this site about forming a club on the Sunshine Coast.

As previously stated, he was fully supportive of getting something going.

He also said that he could offer grain at discounted prices for club members.

He gave me a lot of good advice in relation to my brewing, which I greatly appreciated.

I'm heading off overseas on 1 September for three months, so I'll leave it up to those interested to decide a meeting place. I'm happy with either Brew Bake or SCB or any other venue. Perhaps we could alternate between the two?

The most important thing for me is that we get it up off the ground.

Cheers

Not a school night joe! Seriously, which is easiest for people to get to? My vote would be for SCB. Lets get it happening. Between work and my household of noisy children, my presence may not always be guaranteed, but it would be good to meet up.

I suggest we hold our first get together at the SCB, the next at Brew Bake. Lets see how we go from there, the main thing is to get this thing happening.. :beer:

Batz

Batz said:
I suggest we hold our first get together at the SCB, the next at Brew Bake. Lets see how we go from there, the main thing is to get this thing happening.. :beer:

Batz
Sounds good to me. When suits?

He's not Robinson Crusoe there
Looking forward to a nice little get-together wherever it may be. <_<

FWIW ash2, one would have hoped that you had read the thread correctly before posting & spreading unsubstantiated shit.
What the man was referring to is on post 20 of this thread & I make no apologies for that post. Just plain common sense as per the quote below.

Our first meet up could certainly be at the Sunshine Coast Brewery, but if we are to be a brewers club I think we need to be sampling and discussing beers we have brewed. It seems a bit odd the call ourselves brewers and then have our meetings and be drinking beers from a commercial brewery.
Now who could have posted the above???? :lol: :lol:
And there you have it.
Just your bad luck to be caught in the middle of a shitfight. :p

One wonders how long this post will last before I get a PM from another Mod AGAIN?

Our first meet up could certainly be at the Sunshine Coast Brewery, but if we are to be a brewers club I think we need to be sampling and discussing beers we have brewed. It seems a bit odd the call ourselves brewers and then have our meetings and be drinking beers from a commercial brewery.

And there you have it.
Well perhaps me?

Yes I still stand by my post, I'm not sure what the problem is with that.

Batz

images.jpg

TidalPete said:
Looking forward to a nice little get-together wherever it may be. <_<

FWIW ash2, one would have hoped that you had read the thread correctly before posting & spreading unsubstantiated shit.
What the man was referring to is on post 20 of this thread & I make no apologies for that post. Just plain common sense as per the quote below.

And there you have it.
Just your bad luck to be caught in the middle of a shitfight. :p

One wonders how long this post will last before I get a PM from another Mod AGAIN?
Seeing i'am supposedly responsible for posting & spreading unsubstantiated shit,i don't think I should be the person talking to SCBrewery or BrewBake about holding get togethers.

Screwtop said:
Here's an opportunity for Hervey Bay, Gympie and Sunny Coast Brewers to get together for a great day out.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/74858-2013-brisbane-spring-pub-crawl/?p=1070241

Maybe we could organise a "Good Beer Guys - Beer Adventures" Tour Bus for the day.

Screwy

Had a reply from John who says he is [SIZE=11pt]happy to arrange a bus. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If enough brewers from Gympie and the Sunny Coast are interested in joining in, then lets make it happen! OT so I will move away from this post and start one on this topic.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Screwy[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

Back