Sunshine Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
I'll make it along if I can, been waiting for a Sunny Coast club.

Batz
If I remember right from the last time I was on this site Batz,the Batcave is hidden around the Kin Kin area.But I won't tell anyone. :beerbang:

Any ideas you wan't me discuss with SCB would be hepfull. :beerbang:

If anyone has "liked" the Brewbake Facebook page, you will see they've just shared a link to another page, Bulk Brewing Malt Supplies - Sunshine Coast. Bulk buys, varieties listed on the page. Pickup from Big Pineapple. Get to it, people!!!

ash2 said:
I have tomoz off so if I can I will drop in to SCB,maybe have a beer while i'am their. :lol: & have a chat about what we are trying to do,how does that sound to u boys. :beer:
Hi Brewers,I decided to ring SCBrewery today instead of dropping in unannounced. I spoke to a lady on the phone & told her what was going on & can I drop in for a chat,she said that they where flat out bottling,but Matt the brewer has been working on some ideas himself about getting a club together ie. tastings maybe some workshops.She took my ph num & said Matt would give me a ring but it could be late.At time of posting have not heard from him yet,just reporting here for the Foundation Members of the Sunshine Coast Brewers Club. :lol: :beer:

I'd keep at them until someone gets back to you, its a good venue for club meetings, nice people as well.

P.S. The lady on the phone asked how many people were interested I told her around 15-20 but I noticed only 5 people are following this Topic,so is it a Shot Duck already. :huh:

ash2 said:
If I remember right from the last time I was on this site Batz,the Batcave is hidden around the Kin Kin area.But I won't tell anyone. :beerbang:
You know I've heard the exact same thing. B)

Sure we could arrange a truckload of brewers to drag their sorry asses out of paradise and mosey on down to the kinfolk hinterlands sometime too.

Martin

HBHB said:
Sure we could arrange a truckload of brewers to drag their sorry asses out of paradise and mosey on down to the kinfolk hinterlands sometime too.

Martin

I'm sure something could be arranged along those lines Martin.

Our first meet up could certainly be at the Sunshine Coast Brewery, but if we are to be a brewers club I think we need to be sampling and discussing beers we have brewed. It seems a bit odd the call ourselves brewers and then have our meetings and be drinking beers from a commercial brewery.

Batz

Count me in, always great to try new beers and get feed back. Visited Brewbake yesterday and sampled a beer or three and walked out with a growler under my arm. Forgot to take my pie with me though, good excuse to go back....

Can I suggest the first meeting be at Brewbake, welcome Hayden to Sunny Coast and show our support for free trade and a regular supply of affordable grain to the sunny coast. I dont see any proposed date so what about Friday 30th August as a starting point (last friday of the month??)

Another idea for a future meet is to organise a minbus from somewhere central on the sunny coast and head up to King Lidwigs at Malany for an afternoon of German beers and good food, I spoke with them some time back and they were open to a homebrew meet. They often have brewery reps up there for tastings as well.

Batz said:
I'm sure something could be arranged along those lines Martin.

Our first meet up could certainly be at the Sunshine Coast Brewery, but if we are to be a brewers club I think we need to be sampling and discussing beers we have brewed. It seems a bit odd the call ourselves brewers and then have our meetings and be drinking beers from a commercial brewery.

Batz
I thought the idea was to at least start somewhere than take it from their.so what is the more central place for everyone.SCBrewery or Brewbake

Hey guys,

Definitely still keen to get involved in this. I think Brewbake might be a good idea especially seeing as they are trying to get bulk buys going. The only concern about having it there would be the time that they are open. Dropped in for a few beers there the other week and Hayden was very forthcoming with brewing information and is a top bloke.

Simon

+1 for Brewbake, but we could meet up anywhere to gauge interest and decide on a venue (if there are enough people interested)at a later date. Ratchie.

+1 brewbake. Sounds good. Lets get it happening!! How does Saturday arvo sound for the inaugural SCBC gathering?

Barring any events I am not aware of (will check tonight) then I can make a quick visit on saturday.

Back