Sunshine Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah was going to note the cafe (Ocean St) was no more, now Piano Bar by the guys/girls from Sol Bar. The SCB amongst the Kunda pines is a nice spot also with good brews but would be cool to get something going at Big Pineapple.
No affiliations just a fan of Woombye and keen to get my growler filled up.

What kind of kits do youse brew with and how hot do you need to get 'em?

InCider.

TidalPete said:
Not wanting to be rude Greengrass but of course they have It's all about getting your dollars in the till especially since the Bar & restaurant went bust two weeks after I drank most a lot of their Rodger (Just a coincidence I'm sure :p ).
Don't get me wrong here. The SCB is a great spot for a beer or two but perhaps has a vested interest in being a "clubhouse" so to speak?
You would be better off getting in touch with Screwy if you're keen on doing the club thingo. He is the champion of all things clubby.
Love your pic screwy old son. :lol:
I had also wondered that. But would like to hear their idea.
I wasn't aware of the brewbake brewery at the big p until this week. Either way prob a place to meet first off just to get a few blokes together interested in starting something and take it from there. I've got no expectations for this "club" except meet a few other brewers. I am thinking about checking out brewbake lunchtime on Sunday if it open. If anyone is keen to join let me know.

I'd be keen to be a part of this, when I could. Also, is there any brewers in the mooloolaba area who might wanna lend a hand helping me sort out my kegs?

. I am thinking about checking out brewbake lunchtime on Sunday if it open. If anyone is keen to join let me know.[/quote]

They still didn't have their license sorted when I went to the markets on Saturday.
Im Keen to sample their wares!

Dan Dan said:
I'd be keen to be a part of this, when I could. Also, is there any brewers in the mooloolaba area who might wanna lend a hand helping me sort out my kegs?
Hey Dan Dan

I'm happy to help out. Currently in the Barossa and returning on Sunday. I live on Kawana Island.

Cheers

InCider.[/quote]

Red hot incider.

Don't let this bitch anywhere nears your beers. Ask anyone on this forum, he's just out to get free stuff.

InCider said:

InCider.

Shed101 said:
Don't let this bitch anywhere nears your beers. Ask anyone on this forum, he's just out to get free stuff.
He is definitely bad news! Lock up your sheep and beer.

Screwtop from Gympie is in the process of organising Beer Tours to local (SEQ) Craft Breweries. Sounds like a great way to taste new beers and meet some fellow local brewers.

If anyone is interested shoot him a pm or an email
Here is the post he sent me.

Hi Joe,

Can you please flick me as many email addresses as you can for those wanting to join in the bus tours. Things are getting close!

Copy of the email which went out to those on our database today.

To allow fine tuning early tours are to The Sunshine Coast which probably won't be of much interest to locals down that way. Then the South Burnett, Dusty Hill Craft Beers and local wineries. Then we head south for Brisbane, Tamborine and Gold Coast Venues. Best get on board now, we mail out regularly to addresses in our database, so you will be able to follow progress and keep across the Beer Adventures as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi there all you Feral Hopheads!
Thanks to everyone who went totally Feral on Saturday!! How good is hop hog?.... "Hop hog is awesome!!" It was a pleasure to see so many craft beer lovers support great beer again in Gympie. A big thankyou to Daniel Rickard and Calibre craft beer trading for making it possible. The Good Beer Guys look forward to working closely with Daniel and showcasing some more of his portfolio in the future. I have attached an order form courtesy of our friend Les from Craft Wine store, Brisbane. As Les said on the day he has put together some very competitive pricing and can ship Feral beer (as well as many other craft goodies) straight to your door. You can also check out his website at
www.craftwinestore.com
I would also like to take this opportunity to let you all know that we will be showcasing Kooinda (meaning happy place) Boutique brewery for our fathers day charity event, in conjunction with the Cancer Council and Everyday Superheroes on Sunday 1st September at 12.30pm, as always the event will be catered by George Isaac from Zesty edibles, Gunabul homestead (awesome beer food by the way George More details will be made available in the coming weeks.

Last but not least I'm pleased to announce that The Good Beer Guys will now be operating bus tours. There are a few more boxes to tick before I make things 100% official but tours are locked in and I look forward to advertising some great tours of the Sunshine Coast and South Burnett in the coming weeks. I'm excited to be showcasing the good quality Craft beer, locally crafted wines and liqueurs that our region has to offer. As expected I'll let you all know when this goes live, so watch this space.
That's all for now, time to turn our thoughts from being Feral to being in a happy place (Kooinda).. and I can't wait because Kooinda's beer range is exceptional!

Thanks again
Beers,
John McEwan

G'day all

Is it worth reviving this thread to see if we can get some sort of brewers club happening on the Sunshine Coast?

I'm sure we've got some great brewers out there who would like to share brewing experiences, advice etc and just enjoy a get together over a few beers.

There seemed to be a fair bit of interest in this topic earlier on, but nothing seems to have progressed since.

So, do we take it to the next level or has the interest died?

More than happy to assist in any way I can.

Cheers

Maybe we should just pic a date & place post it see what happens :super:

ash2 said:
Maybe we should just pic a date & place post it see what happens :super:
I think you're right Ash.

What days suit people the most?

I'm thinking Saturday / Sunday PM at Sunshine Coast Brewery?

Thoughts please

Cheers

Gotta start somewhere. Maybe some members of Gympie Amateur Brewers could make it along, want me to post it on our FB page???

Screwy

I have tomoz off so if I can I will drop in to SCB,maybe have a beer while i'am their. :lol: & have a chat about what we are trying to do,how does that sound to u boys. :beer:

Screwtop said:
Gotta start somewhere. Maybe some members of Gympie Amateur Brewers could make it along, want me to post it on our FB page???

Screwy
Thanks Screwy

Good idea. My thoughts are see what Ash comes back with and see if we can lock something in.

Cheers

I'll make it along if I can, been waiting for a Sunny Coast club.

Batz

ash2 said:
I have tomoz off so if I can I will drop in to SCB,maybe have a beer while i'am their. :lol: & have a chat about what we are trying to do,how does that sound to u boys. :beer:
PS. Anybody wan't to meet up their or we could go together,i live in Kawana :beer:

Latest posts

Back