Sunset Grill & Tap In Boston - 112 Beers On Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughman666

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm off to Boston in a few weeks and am going to this place for dinner on one of the nights:

Link

According to their site they have 112 beers on tap and 380 in bottles. The Beer Menu looks pretty extensive:

Beer Menu

So my question is, if you only have one night here, what beers would YOU try?

:D

EDIT: Links fixed...

Well, that depends on how much I was going to drink. Lets go with a top 5 (and I probably wouldn't be drinking all of them either as they are fairly high ABV) and I am only going off the tap menu as I can't be bothered going through the bottle list.

1. DFH Palo Santo Marron
2. Allagash Interlude
3. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot 2007
4. Rogue John John Dead Guy (Not sure if it is any good but a barrel aged "Maibock" sounds interesting)
5. DFH WWS

There are lots more on that list and I would probably choose differently on the day (based mainly on what I could otherwise get in bottles for later consumption) but those should be good.

I see from the Cask Conditioned section of the beer menu that they have UK beers on cask, as Boston is close enough that they can fly them in over the Atlantic. Lucky buggers.

I see from the Cask Conditioned section of the beer menu that they have UK beers on cask, as Boston is close enough that they can fly them in over the Atlantic. Lucky buggers.

I'm going to have a go at a couple of the Dogfish Head brews as I cant get them over here in WA.

My five pints might be:

Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock
Anchor Steam
Harpoon IPA
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA
Seadog Hazelnut Porter

in that order!

I'm going to have a go at a couple of the Dogfish Head brews as I cant get them over here in WA.

My five pints might be:

Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock
Anchor Steam
Harpoon IPA
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA
Seadog Hazelnut Porter

in that order!

BribieG is the bearer of good news. Our pint is 568ml but the US pint is 473ml, so you can have six pints not five :)

Woozers! What a beer list.

I'd almost be tempted to hit up some of those meads; most joints don't even have mead to begin with, let alone a list! :icon_drool2:

BribieG is the bearer of good news. Our pint is 568ml but the US pint is 473ml, so you can have six pints not five :)

im going to be hitting up more than 6 pints then, seeing as ill be a guest and wont be paying :D

ill give a full rundown with reviews and pics of each pint as the night goes on, be aware that the reviews will probably get more vague and bewildered as the night wears on :p

If you're lucky, a pint in the U.S. is 16oz. (473ml). Sometimes they sell a 13Oz (385ml) glass as a "pint". :angry:

That said... some places will serve the U.K brews in the 568ml (19.2oz) Crown pint.

Of this list.. I would try mostly local & would have these:

1. Harpoon Winter Warmer
2. Victory Golden Monkey
3. Mayflower IPA
4. Harpoon DIPA
5. Brooklyn Monster

Go Red Sox!

Of course, you could get a bottle of Coopers Sparkling for $5.99 U.S. :lol:

Back