Suggestions. No hops beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say if it is not off (and I don't know the flavour) it would be great to blend especially if you keg. I assume it is sweet so with a IPA it would be a PA. if you have never blends do it in a glass but you will be amazed with how good a blended beer can be.. Let's face it the best sours are blended

If a bit of philanthropy flows through you veins, you could donate it to your local AA organiser to be used in aversion therapy.

skb said:
Maybe I have had a few many (in London pub right now) but the thing I want to know is what does it taste like
I only put it in bottles yesterday so it needs to age/carbonate for a few weks before I will know. I should have had a taste straight out the fermenter but to me they all taste terrible that way.

TimT said:
Keep it as a test beer so you can compare hop flavoured beer to a 'neutral' flavoured beer.
Must admit that I have always wondered what it would taste like as a comparison. Trouble with this particular one is there are lots of firsts and unknowns in it so a bit hard to know what causes what. We will see???

Depends how much you made of course but you could always use some to experiment with. Add hop essence to some, herbs to others, drink others straight, use some for cooking....

TimT said:
Depends how much you made of course but you could always use some to experiment with. Add hop essence to some, herbs to others, drink others straight, use some for cooking....
It ended up at around 25 litres and it was an experiment to start with just not the one it turned out as. It's my first BIAB, it's my first "All Grain", the base grain which I used is an unknown (Free gift) and can't get again type. The recipe is one I made up playing around on one of those brewmate type programs. So all in all there was lots which could go wrong and I certainly didn't need to do something stupid to add to the possibilities. The upside is I have enough grain to do another batch the same. With hops this time.

Is it too late to distill it and make a whisky from it??

Of course, you'd need a still.

welly2 said:
Is it too late to distill it and make a whisky from it??

Of course, you'd need a still.
HHMM!! might have to invest in one of those. My lawn has never been this healthy and green from all the beer and trub thrown on it lately.

welly2 said:
you'd need a still.
/me ducks to avoid the fallout from someone using a banned phrase.

It's still up there. Maybe the invigilators are feeling a bit still today.

I regularly brew with no hops...

but that's sour beers, with mixed ferments and aged for a very long time....

arpie12008 said:
I looked at "hop extract" and that looks like a possibility but the amount is a bit of a worry 33/1000ml per 330ml bottle. Not sure how to measure an amount like that. Perhaps dilute and add ?? a few drops.
I have 1mL syringes which I used for various stuff. They are marked every 0.01mL. Maybe try a pharmacy.

arpie12008 said:
HHMM!! might have to invest in one of those. My lawn has never been this healthy and green from all the beer and trub thrown on it lately.
How many batches have you thrown out already?

arpie12008 said:
It ended up at around 25 litres and it was an experiment to start with just not the one it turned out as. It's my first BIAB, it's my first "All Grain", the base grain which I used is an unknown (Free gift) and can't get again type. The recipe is one I made up playing around on one of those brewmate type programs. So all in all there was lots which could go wrong and I certainly didn't need to do something stupid to add to the possibilities. The upside is I have enough grain to do another batch the same. With hops this time.
Maybe the grain isn't even malted.

Latest posts

Back