Storing Temp Of Wheat Beer (uncarbed Keg)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzBeer_MD

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just kegged a K&K wheatbeer, but now realise that I havent quite emptied the 2 kegs in the fridge ( I own 3 corny's but my fridge setup only fits 2 at a time) Do I need to chill the wheat and carb it ASAP or is it OK to 'Wait in the corner' at about 22-23 C?

MD

Bump, Decided to move it into the fridge and will apply Co2 this evening. would be good to know the fors and againsts for thr future tho.

MD

Sorry doc not sure, but if u can't cool it at least hit it wath 300kpa of c02. It wont carb it up, esspecially as its warm but it wont hurt. Just hit with the c02 and vent and get it on ice ASAP.

STEVE

I prefer to chill & carb...but if you can't, make sure you have a sterile keg & fully purge the head space with CO2.
Store the keg in the coolest place you have, not in some hot shed etc...

cheers Ross

Cheers Guys, Sounds like I need more fridge space. (or to drink faster) I pulled out a full corny of Coopers Draught that will probably go down the sink (left in fermenter for 4 weeks {yuk} )

MD

Back