Stop-start Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the middle of a brew build. I should brew using the parts, but it is annoying that I can brew at one level, but I have most of the parts to brew at another, so I feel no impetus, even though I know I sincerely want home made beer on tap.

+1

Did K+K 20 yrs ago - I was young and poor. It was all about quantity not quality. After that I lived in Holland (near the Belgium border) for 9 yrs and always wanted to AG after living in the middle of beer heaven. About a year ago a friend told me about BIAB and that got me excited. Did some research on here and jumped in. Kegging is the only way to fly, I will never again clean a bottle.
Cheers
BBB

Should have also said; used to do extract brews with spec. grains back in the Old Dart and always wanted to go all grain. Bought Dave Line's books etc but when I came out here lack of money and a Coopers can on every supermarket shelf got me K'n'K'ing for 17 years. After a brief interlude with Malt Shovel tins and Fresh Wort kits took the plunge into All Grain in 2003 and Kegging in 2006.

Cheers

Campbell

I have not brewed that much in the last Year & a 1/2, have just done 2 brews in 2 days, for me, it is just a matter of pulling my finger out and get it done....

Shit, ive got all the Keg Gear and Brew AG, it also upsets me buying beer just for something to drink, especially when I prob have 100kg Grain in the shed...

Im back now though!!

CB :icon_cheers:

I've brewed almost solidly for 17 years....
The last 3 as AG...and after brewing nearly every 5 to 6 weeks on my AG 3V beer machine , i have not made a brew since April 28th....
This is primarily because we now have a baby boy....
I am in the process of negotiating with SWMBO , a brew day in the not too distant future...
This is the only reason, thus far, in 17 years of brewing ( from kits to FWK to AG ) that i have not brewed....
SWMBO doesn't know it yet , but when she agrees to let me brew , i'm planning on knocking out a back to back brew day :ph34r:
Cheers
Ferg

Believe it or not, today I also stumbled upon a secondary vessel hidden in the shed, full of an AG beer I made 9 months ago...just sitting, 'aging'. The film of growth on top was quite interesting to look at, but the aroma was tremendous. I poured it around a thirsty shrub in the backyard, when my sister later announced that it smelt like someone had thrown up in the garden.

I realised my stop-start brewing is so sporadic that I wasn't even bothered to bottle a brew.

It's a sad day.

Back