Stone And Wood Pacific Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashley_leask

Reaction score
Having a pint of this right now off a new keg at the Pig & Whistle in Brisbane and it's tasting almost watery and without the big Galaxy hit this had when I first tried it about a year ago. Is anyone else getting this, or am I just being one of those "I like their old stuff better than their new stuff" guys.

Curious.

I'll have one in Byron next time I'm down there and let you know.

I have never had Stone and Wood in Brisbane that's as good as having it in Byron.

Having a pint of this right now off a new keg at the Pig & Whistle in Brisbane and it's tasting almost watery and without the big Galaxy hit this had when I first tried it about a year ago. Is anyone else getting this, or am I just being one of those "I like their old stuff better than their new stuff" guys.

Curious.

I had a few pints from Lock and Load at West End on Friday night and it was amazing... Full hit you in the face aroma and flavour..... Certainly not watery. Would be interesting to see how old the keg was at P&W.
Camo

Had some at Archive Friday night and it was mothers milk oh and free. Thanks again Dan ;)

ive had this happen from a bottle never had it on tap.

funny u should say that. had a pint of it at the pig n whistle in queen st brisbane tuesday last week and it tasted a bit watery and not so hoppy. had it a few days later at archive bar west end and it was good there though. maybe they have old kegs or shit storage there.

funny u should say that. had a pint of it at the pig n whistle in queen st brisbane tuesday last week and it tasted a bit watery and not so hoppy. had it a few days later at archive bar west end and it was good there though. maybe they have old kegs or shit storage there.

Was the Eagle St P&W I was at, but whatever the problem is it might be something they do in common. I'll have one next time I'm at Archive to compare.

I had one today at Byron (actually 3), and it was pretty bloody light on the hops.

I've had a "clear" S&W Pacific at Queen Street P&W that was pretty lame tasting during a Christmas Eve shopping stroll. Had another there a couple weeks ago and it was as it should be... cloudy and hoppy. Thinking those kegs may get settled a bit?

Had a Pacific Ale off the tap at the Yamanto Tavern last night, what a dissapointment, it was a very pale shadow of the beer I've had out of the bottle in times past, I would put it into the XXXX gold category in mouthfeel and taste.

-BD

Had a Pacific Ale off the tap at the Yamanto Tavern last night, what a dissapointment, it was a very pale shadow of the beer I've had out of the bottle in times past, I would put it into the XXXX gold category in mouthfeel and taste.

-BD

I had a couple at Bitter Sweet a few weeks ago off the tap and they were great. Maybe storage...............

Latest posts

Back