Stone And Wood Pacific Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Howard

Reaction score
Saw this stuff on tap at Beer Deluxe last Thursday night so I grabbed a pot. Outstanding. Probably the BEST smelling beer I have ever consumed.

pound for pound the best micro beers in Australia. What was the diff between say their galaxy draught and this one?

Saw this stuff on tap at Beer Deluxe last Thursday night so I grabbed a pot. Outstanding. Probably the BEST smelling beer I have ever consumed.

Yeah, i had a few schooners of this (draught ale) when i was in Byron Bay recently, it was awesome. My Dad and brother in law thought i was a bit odd having my nose stuck in my beer all night....

Found this at the New Sydney Hotel a couple of Friday's ago.

Probably couldn't handle more than one or two in a session but Loved it

I think they have changed more than the name. I loved the Draught Ale but this seems to step up the aroma, maybe it was just VERY fresh.

I think they have changed more than the name. I loved the Draught Ale but this seems to step up the aroma, maybe it was just VERY fresh.

...Glad you like the beer mate, we have changed absolutely nothing but the name....we have been having a massive few weeks trying to keep up to the xmas rush...this is grand final week as Brad and I keep saying to each other, so thankfully we are match fit and injury free...game on....

...Thanks again for all the support from everybody on AHB this year, we here all appreciate it :beerbang: ...we had quite a few of you guys come and visit and the pleasure was all ours...thanks for speading the word...

...merry xmas , happy new and good brewing to you all...

Cheers
Scott
S&W

Picked up a 6 pack today from the local Dan's. Very nice beer could do with more bitterness for my taste but still a fine drop. Good aroma even from bottles.

...Glad you like the beer mate, we have changed absolutely nothing but the name....we have been having a massive few weeks trying to keep up to the xmas rush...this is grand final week as Brad and I keep saying to each other, so thankfully we are match fit and injury free...game on....

...Thanks again for all the support from everybody on AHB this year, we here all appreciate it :beerbang: ...we had quite a few of you guys come and visit and the pleasure was all ours...thanks for speading the word...

Cheers
Scott
S&W

Well I had it first in the Little Creatures Dining Hall back when a few kegs got emptied there, then again on tap at the Beer Expo. Since then I've only had it in bottles, maybe it was changing back to tap that stepped up the character. Outstanding beer. Inspired me to use Galaxy but haven't got as strong a passionfruit out of it as you guys have. Although I haven't dry hopped yet.

Will be buying a case for Xmas/NY. Top drop.

Had a sixer of this recently and it was a very nice beer. Very light and refreshing. Could have had a touch more bitterness to really set it off.

Cheers SJ

the sixer I had was pretty ordinary to be honest. Very little hop aroma or flavour..

I did buy it from Dan's though...

However, on tap, BRILLIANT!

bought some last night for xmas day... never had it in the bottle, only on tap... brilliant big aroma.

Shared it recently with some non-beer appreciating types. They thought it was brilliant at first and amazed by the big passionfruit aroma... but they all left around a third of the glass. Each saying it was a little too hard to get through, too sweet/cloying after some prompting. Not my opinion, i'll drink it all day, but an interesting observation from megaswill drinkers anyway. They then moved onto the typical "premium lager" crap. Slamming it down fast and cold.

Each to their own i guess :rolleyes:

Oh man I missed this.
was in melbourne a week ago and all the micro they had then was Mclaren Vale

Cheers
Scott
S&W

Absolutely love your beers mate, I was in Harvey Bay last weekend and was pleasantly supprised to find your draught/pacific ale available at the restaurant we dined in, went down quite a treat with my gigantic rack of bourbon glazed ribs mmmmmmmmn :icon_drool2:

Hope things keep on growing for you guys :kooi:

Ended up having one last night... aroma is definitely the feature of this beer. Great summer thirst quencher, i do prefer this on tap though... seems to be a little fresher than the Dan's bottled version... looking forward to a few more on xmas day

I read it as being that mclaren was the only micro on tap at Beer Deluxe.

Which is a pretty shabby state of affairs.

Can you hear a tree scream when it falls over in a forest? Can you hear a keg sing as it blows out @Hartspub? Thanks to Scotty, Brad, Rick, Jamie and Ross for some horrifically good beer.

Scotty

Latest posts

Back