Stone And Wood Pacific Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm heading to Byron bay over new years and can't wait to have a few of these fresh. I imagine in the humidity if Byron bay these are going to go down a treat.

I'm heading to Byron bay over new years and can't wait to have a few of these fresh. I imagine in the humidity if Byron bay these are going to go down a treat.

Make sure you get to 'Byron Bay' Brewery too!

Some awesome beer on tap!... If you want fresh that is...

I will definitely head down there too. This trip just keeps getting better and better. Great beers in a great surrounding.

Haha. I'll drum out a few tunes in the beach. Maybe start a hippy drum circle

Can you hear a tree scream when it falls over in a forest? Can you hear a keg sing as it blows out @Hartspub? Thanks to Scotty, Brad, Rick, Jamie and Ross for some horrifically good beer.

Scotty

...Thanks mate , Hope you guys have a ripper xmas , thanks to you & Harts for all your support over the year...Cheers

Scott, this is a great beer! Have bought a number of 6ers now, both for my own enjoyment and to bring out when megaswill drinkers visit. Well marketed either as Draught Ale or Pacific, no mention of scarey wheat :lol: A great new age micro brewed ale, my experience has been that it has been really well accepted by mainstream drinkers, a fantastic beer for the Aussie summer.

Well done Stone and Wood!

Screwy

...Thanks Screwy, make sure you let me know if you're ever heading down our way...thanks for the comments...the only 'scarey wheats' are the ones i brew at home for the crew..there's always some in fridge should you visit....enjoy your xmas mate :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Scott

I had a six pack of Stone & Wood Draught ale last night, couldn't get over the aroma and taste of the galaxy. Passionfruit gold!!!!

I will definately be putting down an all galaxy brew soon, ale malt, crystal, wheat with bittering and flavour galaxy hops. :beerbang:

I had a six pack of Stone & Wood Draught ale last night, couldn't get over the aroma and taste of the galaxy. Passionfruit gold!!!!

I will definately be putting down an all galaxy brew soon, ale malt, crystal, wheat with bittering and flavour galaxy hops. :beerbang:

I have had a few dips at it now, unsuccessfully. I think I over complicated things w/crystal and aroma hops.
Wifey picked me up a box y`day, I struggle to find the crystal malt. My next go will be 2 base malts only (wheat and pilsner), bittered to about 35ibu with some controlled late hopping, galaxy of course. I only have 1272 on hand most times, so thats my yeast of choice.
If I get it close I hope to bring a bottle or 2 on our next holiday to Byron............ late March.
My stubbies are ex Dan`s with a best before July 2011, I get a huge galaxy hit. The carbonation is def high side IMO, another thing I may need to alter.
I`ll be ripping off a few lids tomorrow whilst woofing down a few prawns and a big big bbq snapper (caught my oneself)
A beer thats excellent. Well made fellas. Merry Xmas

edit... i forgot to mention.... hate the plastic labels, I bake my bottles and then just store them under an aluminium foil cap,,, that plastic stuff burns and stinks right tthru the oven and bottles.

...haysie...love ya work..love ya comments...can't you just peel the labels off...??

...let me know when you're coming up and i'll show you around the brewery...

Cheers
Scott

edit... i forgot to mention.... hate the plastic labels, I bake my bottles and then just store them under an aluminium foil cap,,, that plastic stuff burns and stinks right tthru the oven and bottles.

Why r u baking them ???

I bake all my bottles after drinking, a quick rinse, foil on top, oven at 210deg for 75 min, sterile till i need them.

U mean to prepare them for reuse??

Peel the label off first, they are the easiest label i have come across to remove, with a crown seal, great for bottling some higher Alc beers!!

Cheers

U mean to prepare them for reuse??

Peel the label off first, they are the easiest label i have come across to remove, with a crown seal, great for bottling some higher Alc beers!!

Cheers

I wouldnt be baking them with beer in them. Yes reuse, tried too peel a few tonite, they peel ok.

I wouldnt be baking them with beer in them. Yes reuse, tried too peel a few tonite, they peel ok.

Why not, I feel more flavours come through when it warms up a little :p

Yeah stupid question really, i was just clarifying as i had not heard of that technique before for reusing bottles, sounds good though.

If all labels were like the stone and wood labels, life would be easy. No soaking or scrubbing required.

Merry Xmas Haysie :beer:

MattC

have been buying this beer a lot the last few months....part of my x'mas day beers & this evening part of my new years beers ;)

$55 a case at Dans.

Got a couple of cases from Vintage Cellars a few months ago & they were $70!

have been buying this beer a lot the last few months....part of my x'mas day beers & this evening part of my new years beers ;)

$55 a case at Dans.

Got a couple of cases from Vintage Cellars a few months ago & they were $70!
Not sure about the Est. 2009 on the label....what does that mean? You are funky and new..or you have managed to be in business for a whole 12 months!

Thats right... But it all went well after I went to Mrs P's =)

I read it as being that mclaren was the only micro on tap at Beer Deluxe.

Which is a pretty shabby state of affairs.

Currently enjoying pots of this at the railway in byron. Incredibly tasty and so easy to put down. Can not speak higher of this beer.

Back