Stone And Wood Pacific Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about the Est. 2009 on the label....what does that mean? You are funky and new..or you have managed to be in business for a whole 12 months!

...G'Day Matty, where exactly does it say Est 2009 ?...i'm looking at a bottle right now and i can't see it..? :huh:

hope you had a top xmas /newyear with the fam...

Cheers
Scott

I was talking about the Mowbray ale beer label, Cougs.

I had a beer tasting session last night (complete with BJCP guidelines) with a few neighbours. Had 20 different beers from Dan Murphy's. Tried to get one Aussie micro and one international example of each style. I thought the Stone and Wood beers were great. The lager is really packing some punch and was one of the most highly rated.

...G'Day Jimbeer ,

thanks for the comments mate, i can guarantee you will not get fresher beer than this....i kegged that beer yesterday while the guy who delivers the beers to the Rails and Great Northern Hotels was watching on like an expectant dad while i filled the kegs....then straight on to the ute, straight into the Rails and straight into the punters glasses....just how beer should be...We also made an emergency delivery of Pacific Ale goodness to the Beach Hotel...the folks in town are absolutely ripping through our beer....and we just love it....

....now if only we could do something about the weather....enjoy your stay in our top little town Jimbeer...let me know on here if you want to have a quick look around the brewery....

Cheers
Scott

I was talking about the Mowbray ale beer label, Cougs.

I had a beer tasting session last night (complete with BJCP guidelines) with a few neighbours. Had 20 different beers from Dan Murphy's. Tried to get one Aussie micro and one international example of each style. I thought the Stone and Wood beers were great. The lager is really packing some punch and was one of the most highly rated.

....thank you Brutha...your neighbours must have good taste....i love our little lager, it gets a little left in the Pacific Ale's shadow but absoluetly shines in its own right...

...had a huge New Years up at Brads with our families and Richard Watkins and his partner , 5 mini kegs of Wig & Pen beers and my Hefe, Dudley and Nutsack, all on tap , Brad had the guys from Plonk send up a box of goodies, sensational French wines and pizza oven cooked ham....didn't even get to the tequila and there was still a Cantillion gueze sitting in the esky this morning....man, what a nite :icon_cheers:

I grabbed a sixer of this last night (Draught Ale) and it went down a treat. I gave a few to my uneducated mates to try to enlighten them... I think it worked.

Hargie, I'm here with my girlfriend and we would absolutely love a tour around the brewery if that wouldn't put you out of your way too much

...no problem mate, i'll be back in the brewery Monday....give us a call and we'll work out a time...

4 Boronia Place Byron Bay
(02)66855173
Cheers
Scott

had this for the first time tonight (sixer form dans) and have to say bloody beautiful.. couldnt fault it, easy drinking (even my extra dry drinking bud loved it), great aroma, just enough passionfruit on the pallet, well done beer, and p.s goes great with bbqed prawns :icon_cheers:

A seemingly extra cloudy, extra hop aroma'd pint tasted good at the Pig & Whistle today!

Bought a sixer of this on Friday night after hearing and reading a lot about the virtues of this amazing beer. Had a few friends over Saturday night and spent most of the evening with my nose buried in my glass - this beer has definitely put galaxy hops straight to the top of my hit list! :icon_drool2:

I did somehow manage to keep a couple up my sleeve for some grilled flatty tails tonight, it's damn hard knowing they're sitting there :p

This is simply the best beer around. Got a sixer last night to share with the father in law. He's not a big drinker but said he couldn't put it down. Hahaha then asked if I could make it? Well give it a go I said.

Well done guys truley the best all round beer around!

Back