Still Selling Longnecks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieh

Reaction score
Gday All,

A while ago i posted a message about either selling or swapping 100+ longnecks...ive just sorted out my stubbies...i have around 90 stubbies which im happy with at the moment for the 2 batches of beer im making...will be making the 2nd one half way thru finishing the 1st batch..anyway...would anyone be interested in either buying the 100+ longnecks....around 110 or so longnecks i think...or to swap with empty stubbies (around 40-60 stubbies id be happy with) ..whichever offer id be happy with...the money ($50-60) would come in handy as i have enough stubbies and can recycle through them over and over....please let me know asap if anyone is interested.....and i live in pakenham

cheers.

jamie

Ok, I tried to help you out last time by asking a question or two but I will spell it out for you this time - you need to say what bottles you are offering. People are often pretty particular about what they will and won't use. Brands/colours/labelled?/clean?. Stuff like that.

Good luck with off-loading them.

ok...the bottles are brown longnecks...nearly all are vb/carlton draught longnecks and a couple clear longnecks...all have been cleaned/sanitised....i think there are a couple labelled but labels can be removed if need be...they are all twist tops. let me know if anyone is interested.

hows that bum?..bit more of a detailed description...

jamie.

hows that bum?..bit more of a detailed description...

People will know what they're reading about now so yeah, that's great.

Here's hoping they walk out the door pretty quick.

hey hey

How many stubbies do you want for all your longnecks? and what type of stubbies are you after?

dickman

hey dickman,

id be happy with around 40-60 stubbies to swap for the longnecks.....do you have any crates with those stubbies? or would you be happy to buy the longnecks off me?.....i do already have around 80-90 stubbies which is enough for the beer im brewing...let me know what you would like to do...if your happy to swap or buy??

hey dickman,

id be happy with around 40-60 stubbies to swap for the longnecks.....do you have any crates with those stubbies? or would you be happy to buy the longnecks off me?.....i do already have around 80-90 stubbies which is enough for the beer im brewing...let me know what you would like to do...if your happy to swap or buy??

That sounds good, I keep the stubbies in beer boxes eg Carlton draught boxes, id be happy for a trade, I have mainly 375ml twist top stubbies green and brown, let me know what you want and we can work something out via PM.

dickman

A lot of brewers prefer the crown seals over the thin-walled twist tops jamieh. What do you have? :)
Not being rude but why would you give yourself twice the cleaning & bottling work by drinking out of stubbies?

TP

my fiancee has told me that we need the money more than the extra stubbies...as i already have enough stubbies for my beer...i have just under 100 longnecks....i counted them before and realised i had given a few long necks of home brew away but hadn't been given the longnecks back!..annoying!...so instead of a swap....would anyone now be interested in buying the longnecks for $60..thats around 60 cents per longneck....we need the money more than extra stubbies...hope people are still interested?

A lot of brewers prefer the crown seals over the thin-walled twist tops jamieh. What do you have?

JamieH, I think the dude above asked you a question fella. You won't get too many sales if they're twist tops - most prefer crown seals (ie. Coopers)

He says they're all twist tops above.

I know lots of people here are happy to use twisties with a bench capper. Pretty sure those people would have all bought those bottles with beer in them though.

I know lots of people here are happy to use twisties with a bench capper. Pretty sure those people would have all bought those bottles with beer in them though.

Having used twist top tallies for the last year I have had no problems with them, they seal just fine.
It is also handy having a mate who's dad buys a few each day and gives the empties away.

Good luck Jamie and hoppy brewing.

Ivan :)

Beer out of a twist top?

Beer out of a twist top?

Shocking but true.

Got mostly twist tops myself.

Had a couple go kaboom on hotter days as they tend to be thinner glass, but they bottle fine.
Crown seal bottles better but when you have an urgent batch to bottle you take what you can get!

Hopper.

so given that ive read all the above posts.....im guessing no-one wants to buy the twist top long necks?...id prefer money for them...if anyone wants the twist top longnecks...i found the carbonation was really good..plenty of gas build up inside of the bottle...and none that cracked/smashed....just now prefer stubbies than longenecks..single serve and the sediment at the bottom wont float through the stubbie as much as a longneck does when being pored...

Group: Members
Member No.: 11948

even SOUNDS a long bloody way from my place :p

Looking on google maps (cos its THAT slow at work) It looks about 6 inches, and each inch being about 200kms

be cheaper to buy 100 longnecks, drink the swill then keep the bottles Lol

Latest posts

Back