^^^ I figured it'd been inevitably covered, but it's a cornucopia of information on here and it's a little bewildering trawling through it all.
Anyway, I have all this sorted now. After decreasing temp in the brewfridge down to around 14 -15 degrees, and also compensating for heat generated by fermentation, i've got the wort at a perfect 18 degrees! \m/ The air lock has slowed right down but is still steady. Possibly I got the overall temp down a tad too late in the process, it certainly wont be a fantastic beer as it had fermented for some time at 26 degrees, but fingers crossed it's not loaded with unwanted flavours and nastiness. I'm sure it will at least tastier than the last few batches given I attempted steeping grains and used all quality ingredients. Gradually eliminating all my weakest links with this brewing business and i'm determined to at least knock out ONE reasonable partial extract batch to show off with some light-hearted rivalry to a friend and fellow amateur brewer
I think in the future, I could be on the lookout for materials to make a basic wort chiller, to get those pitching temps spot on in the first place hence averting potential temp problems.