Steins - Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
SWMBO has asked me to put some pics of these up, a friend of her's mum has these and wants to list them on Evilbay but doesnt know what they are worth.. apparently they are quite old, I dunno feck all about them and my Google-Fu hasnt revealed a great deal.

Any info greatly appreciated.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

To properly research I'd need new ones - anything that appears like a manufacturer's mark or date is useful.

I found a couple of sites I'll link to when I'm off the train. Ceramic lowenbrau steins are common enough on ebay and you're looking at around 12 each (probably usd) unless there is aomething about these that makes them rare. That's where date will help.

Yob, those Steins are manufactured by the people who put that sticker on the bottom.
It's a smallish 'ceramic studio', most probably a family business.

They're doing custom Steins, plates etc from 50 pieces onwards, and no doubt all sorts of other stuff as well.

I reckon they sell those Steins anywhere between 5 and 15 Euros depending on size, so make of that what you want.
Certainly not old or rare or anything.

http://www.westerwald-keramik.de/wknop.htm

Any idea what she wants for them, they are pretty common in that region, the Augustiner beer hall/garden that I went to in Salzburg Austria had about 5000 of them in circulation for the one venue,

Ahhh memories - that was a good night

My guess is someone knocked them off from a beer hall or oktoberfest one year

Latest posts

Back