Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bollox and here I am like a mug just payed $14.... spare one and a replacement as the heating relay crapped out on one I was using for the bubs oil heater.. which leads to to a question.

Can the relays be replaced? Not that I know what Im doing or could be arsed, the relay would probably cost as much as the replacement unit..

Funny you mention that, i just blew the heating relay in mine as well. Seems that the urn draws more than 10A.

I too would be interested to find out whether you can replace the relays, even though i have a PID coming.

Moad said:
A sparky mate uses 240v relays after the stc, couple of bucks to replace but obviously no help now
Yeah, this is what i have for the PID setup. But im just waiting for the slow boat from China for the new PID setup after the last one got subsumed into a proving chamber when i didnt have the room for 3V.

seamad said:
OT, but I'm building a wfo, just thought I might fit my kids in...

attachicon.gif
IMG_3754.jpg

Back OT, just found these @ 10 $US
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-STC-1000-All-Purpose-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-W-Sensor-AC-220V-/361092319799?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:AU:3160
Just tried to get on those STC's for $10US ... linky says doesnt exist or nothing found .. :huh:

@jonnir - Looks like you may have gotten the last 2 ... :p

chubby

Gents .... A quick question if I may ....

Looking at a project of a fermentation chamber - with a difference.
I have 2 x bar fridges that I would like to use as part of this.
My question is ....

Can the 2 x bar fridges be plugged into a 4 x plug power board (then this into the cooling side of an STC-1000).
The aim is to have a fridge at either end and fermenters in the middle all enclosed.

View attachment Dual fridge with STC.pdf

Hope you can make sense of the attached .pdf file for reference

Cheers

chubby

FYI
The cheap China based website Banggood has STC-1000 for US$12.99 free postage (That's AU$16.26 today)
http://www.banggood.com/STC-1000-220V-All-Purpose-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Sensor-p-91676.html?utm_design=28&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=Mail_men118_email&utm_campaign=newsletter-emarsys&utm_content=Claire&sc_src=email_1229159&sc_eh=e48e36c0e4d059d71&emst=TferARCPA2_191076_1229159_34

Sorry about the link, I hope it works ok.

To answer an earlier question, yes the relays can be replaced as they are through hole solder mounted on the PCB, at least they are on one I pulled apart some time ago.
Dave

built this just now $35 + 20min = 0ne happy brewer
image.jpgimage.jpg

dblunn said:
FYI
The cheap China based website Banggood has STC-1000 for US$12.99 free postage (That's AU$16.26 today)
http://www.banggood.com/STC-1000-220V-All-Purpose-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Sensor-p-91676.html?utm_design=28&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=Mail_men118_email&utm_campaign=newsletter-emarsys&utm_content=Claire&sc_src=email_1229159&sc_eh=e48e36c0e4d059d71&emst=TferARCPA2_191076_1229159_34

Sorry about the link, I hope it works ok.

To answer an earlier question, yes the relays can be replaced as they are through hole solder mounted on the PCB, at least they are on one I pulled apart some time ago.
Dave
showing price $17.11 now

BottloBill said:
Nice going bronson, only the one plug mount though???
yeah I don't have any thing to heat with atm. and with all the hot we are having I doubt ill need it.
even so another outlet is only $5. thanks

In the recent (now dark old days....) there was the STC 1000) Lots of looking at it, thinking about it, asking questions on here, ordering and waiting for it to arrive ensued. Then the postie delivered it. We all looked at the wiring diagram and came back on here and discussed it. at length. And it was fun. To a point. And well meaning folk posted wiring diagrams, and got torn apart by sparkies (often quite rightly) on safety issues and it all got a bit shit for folks who were desperate to get their STC 1000's up and running - I was one of them.

And then came an alternative, no safety issues, no worries that your wiring of the STC 1000 might burn your house down with yourself wife and kids.

For a few dollars more it's too f*cking easy.

I'm not affiliated - get it here - if I could do it again this way I woud.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Temperature-Controller-16-Amp-Inbuilt-Alarm-Heating-Cooling-Home-Brew-/281136917146?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item417510ea9a

beermeupscotty said:
It's fun learning and having a go yourself (although potentially risky, I guess) but I'd be tempted to do this next time too.

!6A... that's just the potential yeah? It'd still work for regular 10A systems?
Ha Ha here's me offering advice on electrical components whilst under the influence of a larger than usual amount of alcohol. Hic.

I've admired these controllers before but never noticed the ampage. Perhaps someone more experienced could offer advice. (oh, the irony....) ;)

I did enjoy wiring up my STC 1000 and got a sense of accomplishment from it, although if I hadn't stumbled across a wonderfully simplified diagram on AHB (attached) then I'd still be sat looking at the instructions and scratching my head!

Back