State Of Origin Decider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whos going to win

• maroons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • blues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Slowly firing up. I need work to finish and a beer in hand to reach peak excitement.
Hopefully it's a tough clash with Maroons thrashing the Blues

he wouldnt have...

would have wondered why they stop the game after every knock on... I mean they happen every 1.274 seconds in AFL

love watching the guys chase a ball round the paddock. every now and then they cuddle each other. some times they even dry hump each other really exciting.
not like those afl players. no real cuddles. just touching each other and no dry humping.
I can't wait

Guy's remember we have Melbourne Storm..which are playing for the maroon's..

Yup - you know a club has a good team roster when their 1,7 and 9 all play together at state (and national) level.

Now this is Locky's last game, poor Cooper will finally nail a starting spot. He's a bit like the Michael Kasprowicz of Rugby League - great player in an era of great players.

Goomba

I replied to the poll, YES to the maroons winning, YES to wanting the maroons to win, and NO to them making AFL players look like Ballerinas.

Having grown up in the northern suburbs of Adelaide, it was inevitable that i would barrack for the Mighty Adelaide Crows...... :( (Not those Port Wankers! :p )

I'm still a hardcore, one-eyed AFL supporter, the only time i watch the league is when the Origin is on (got to admit, I really enjoy it!).

Yup - you know a club has a good team roster when their 1,7 and 9 all play together at state (and national) level.

Now this is Locky's last game, poor Cooper will finally nail a starting spot. He's a bit like the Michael Kasprowicz of Rugby League - great player in an era of great players.

Goomba

I actually think Cronk is a better halfback than Thurston... Has been for 2 years now...

I went to an origin game a few years ago. Each tackle sounded like a car crash.

I'm looking forward to the match. I have always supported QLD but the last game NSW deserved to win. They played faster, better football and made fewer mistakes.
Hopefully QLD will do it for Lockyer's last game. It would be a shame for him to lose in his final game, but the same thing happened to Fittler.

Go Queensland!

Hated game 2 loss to the filthy cockroaches, but I have to admire their turnaround this year.
Tonight however the mighty maroons are going to produce the most inspired high quality game of football ever seen to win the series. A victory so sweet that it'll remain in a maroons fan memory bank for the rest of their lives, available to be instantly recalled with a smile of satisfaction each time a filthy cockroach (insect variety) is squashed underfoot.

:icon_offtopic:
Does anyone else get pissed-off with all the back slapping & hugs given to every ball carrier who drops the ball these days? It's happening in every game, I'm not talking about big hits & heavy contact losses, if a blokes done the best he can thats okay. To me it's a reward for the defending team to celebrate. I can't understand why the coaches are letting sloppy ball control be rewarded. Let the player fire-up and redeem himself in the next tackle count, its always worked in the past.

I actually think Cronk is a better halfback than Thurston... Has been for 2 years now...

I have to agree. Hell I thought last year that Prince was in better form and should have been the halfback before Thurston (but not before Cronk). It's scary to think that Qld have access to Thurston, Prince and Cronk, and NSW have Pierce and Wallace who are both barely average (and I'm a Broncos supporter).

I think the thing that Cronk has above Thurston especially is consistency and better leadership.

I remember a couple years ago him telling one of his own Storm players to shut up, because he was standing with the Ref and the player was mouthing off. The player (I think it was Blair or another big bro') was 3 times the size of Cronk and just contritely closed his mouth. Cronk always seemed quiet, so you know he must be a good leader if he has that much control, despite not playing the tough guy.

He kicked those 2 x 40/20's against the Warriors (I think) - again, at 30 years of age, he'll be like Lockyer - big play needed and provided.

I think Thurston will play 5/8 well next year - he's a "chime in when I feel like it" player and 2nd receiver suits those type of players more.

Goomba

afl players look like ballerinas? hows that karmicheal hunt doing now hes in a real mans sport? :ph34r:

afl players look like ballerinas? hows that karmicheal hunt doing now hes in a real mans sport? :ph34r:

Meh - different sport, different skill set.

Same would happen if an AFL player came to RL/RU (or baseball, or anything else, really that they hadn't played from their junior days).

You can't teach a 25 year old bloke a new sport. That's why the battles are for the Juniors. K is purely a marketing tool, nothing else.

Goomba

I think the thing that Cronk has above Thurston especially is consistency and better leadership.

I remember a couple years ago him telling one of his own Storm players to shut up, because he was standing with the Ref and the player was mouthing off. The player (I think it was Blair or another big bro') was 3 times the size of Cronk and just contritely closed his mouth. Cronk always seemed quiet, so you know he must be a good leader if he has that much control, despite not playing the tough guy.

Being a Storm fan and getting along to 99% of the home games over the last 4 or 5 years, I have been pretty impressed with just how "bossy" Coops has gotten in recent years - he really makes a lot of noise out there barking orders on plays and isn't afraid to overcall Cam or Billy if he sees something on.

Anyways... Go you mighty MAROONS!!!

Afl player's are bunch of fairies,the play in stadium with a roof of there head..i will be watching tonight..no beer as at work

Afl player's are bunch of fairies,the play in stadium with a roof of there head.

Can someone tell me which retard decided...." I Must throw the ball BACKWARDS, In order to go FORWARDS......" :p

Afl player's are bunch of fairies,the play in stadium with a roof of there head..i will be watching tonight..no beer as at work

I'll be using the sentence above with all the grammatical errors as an example of the intelligence of league fans. :ph34r:

Back