Stainless steel pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not For Horses said:
You got there in the end I guess but, my god, that is some awful maths :p
A litre is 1000cm3
A cm is 10mm
a litre is (10cm)3 (10cm cubed)
also 1000cm3 (1000 cubic centimeters or 'cc')

just to be confusing :p

but i do that kind of maths in my head... its when 'i' is involved that it gets interesting :D

I ended up going with a 100l craftbrewer pot, so i have one good main vessel. But im building a braumeister clone, so i might order the 50l, 30l, 20l set and use them as a malt pipe.

I'm looking for a decent 35-40L Stainless pot, something like this but not in new Zealand and cheaper, anyone have any leads?
Cheers

I got a 38L from the same ebay seller I got my 82L ones from. Paid $50 delivered. It works. Yea they are thin, not to thin you cant tig them. They wouldnt fare to well if you gave them a beating, but that is not what I bought them for.

BTW, the bottom is 0.9mm and the sides are 0.4mm.

Thanks for that mate I think I found what I'm looking for, do you remember the sellers name by any chance wouldn't mind comparing the two
Cheers

Thanks n87, sent that seller a message they're going to have 38L pots coming up soon
Cheers

Had a bad experience with one of the ebay sellers.
Pot was 2.8kg for a 57litre pot. So thin I could warp the base.
Had a SOGA 95litre pot, now making a 50litre pot.
9.8kg for the 50litre.
Be warned the metal is really hard to work with, difficult to drill etc.
They are reasonable with offers, $120 for the 50 litre.
I have no affiliation...

Linky

Revising an old thread on pots here.....

Has anyone had any experience with the Soga stainless steel pots?

I'm about to buy a new vessel for a kettle, and am tossing up between a pre-fab one or building one from a new pot with new plumbing parts.

Just wondering about the quality/durability/etc

Cheers,

JD

ekul said:
i'm 90% sure this is the brand that they sell at a&j trading in the fortitude valley. I have a 50L and 80L one that i used for a very long time. I use it with a 32 jet mongolian without trouble, so no need to worry about scorching.

I was using the 50L the other day and there is a spot of rust where a nail sat there for ages but apart from that no rust except on the handle and lightly on the rim. These have been stored very poorly though.

So i think it could be good. Providing its the same brand of course
Hi I am currently looking into this size pots and I was wondering how well the 50 fits inside the 80L. Im looking to build a recirculating vessel and i want around this size.

Cheers

Back