Stainless Score

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjack

Reaction score
My sister in law had no use for this sink at her work and gave it to me. The only prob is it has been sitting outside with its protective sticky stuff on for a year or so. This stuff refuses to come off! I was able to get some of it off by soaking in water but the other side is not moving. Any ideas on how to remove this white protective coating?
IMG_0859.jpg

Cheers, JJ

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10
Try Eucalyptus oil Jimmy , it removes most sticky stuff..

Cheers

Jimmy, that looks like the plastic coating they put on the s/s sheeting when it is new. It's a PITA (as I am sure Domonsura will agree) to get off when it is new.
Having ben out in the sun it is going to be a bugger to get off, solvents won't work, I think your best bet will be one of those window srapers that have the single sided razor blade in them. You should be able to scrape it off without scratching the metal.

cheers

Browndog

Painful stuff when it's left too long, you could try a hot air gun, the ones that are used for paint stripping.

Dont melt the plastic on, just loosen its grip and the plastic should peel away.

Good looking sink BTY

MHB

Latest posts

Back