Stainless Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridges, at the end of the day, it's a fermentation vessel of basic design, seamless inner walls, tap etc. i'd like to say they're spectacular, but well, they're a fermenter. They do the job. Have had a fair few go out locally and a couple out to distant brewers. Our own tests revealed nothing bad about them. I'd think they'll last for donkeys years if well cared for. Straight up, with no sales BS. I think they're OK, but they won't do anything to your brews that a $27 unit will not also do IMHO.

Martin

Martin,

What is diameter of these? - most outer, if possible. [Foot print]

just sizing them up for the ferm fridge.

Cheers

Edit: sorry if asked earlier - TLTR.

Same questions. Internal measurements are the only ones that I can find. My ferm fridge is an old bar fridge so size matters!

Will measure it up tomorrow and let you know. Flat in the brewery with 2 on the trot ATM. Difference between internal and external about 7-8mm plus the tap protrusion.

M

Sorry it took so long. Been one of those days on the coalface.

Width across including allowance for lid clamps is 335mm. Front to back Including tap is 385mm and height overall including the stopper and airlock if so inclined is 660mm.

Correct on the lid, it has a silicon seal.

Martin

Ordered one of these today, went for it over the olive oil type container as there seemed to be more tap options for this one. I also like the idea of built in litre markings, it fits my ferm fridge, and most of all, Martin has been great to deal with the whole way through.
I like the idea of a FV without ridges and lumps to keep clean, and without the myriad of little scratches and production dags that come standard on a plastic fermenter.
I have a brew cubed now so as soon as it arrives I'll give it a run and post up my thoughts.
Thanks again to Martin at national home brew for taking the time to answer my questions and sorting out getting one to me.

I'm absolutely over plastic fermenters. Posted a while back re a trial double batch fermented in Glass and Plastic. The half fermented in glass definitely had a "cleaner" flavour, hard to describe. Noticed on a recent batch (double batch) that one keg had a slightly tart/green apple aroma/flavour, checked the fermenter it was the same one that produced this same off flavour previously.

I stress using the glass fermenter and want SS, don't care about it not being conical as I've used flat bottomed fermenters successfully for many years.

Batz said:
They look nice but why not 30lt?
25 is heaps for me, I double batch 45L and end up with about 22L in each fermenter. 19 odd litres in each keg and a little left over, goes into the bits keg.

Cocko said:
Is anyone here using these?

Report in.

please?
Mine arrived yesterday from HBHB.

Logman said:
HBHB,

I'll get one if you can convince me about the tap - that it's going to be cheap as chips to replace, or, you can pull it apart and clean it, or, soaking it in PBW will do the job because it doesn't trap as much crap.

I really want something like this, looks way better to tip a cube into as well, easier to stop a massive head of foam.
I'm replacing the tap with a SS ballvalve and pickup tube.

G_T_G said:
Yep, definietly keeping an eye on those SS Brew buckets, especially with the 'handles', which would make it possible to move it in and out of a chest freezer.
Mine does not have handles I plan on using the glass carboy carrier harness.
Bridges said:
Anyone own / use one of these bad boys? I need a new fermenter and this may fit the bill. Logman have you invested in one yet?

Bridges said:
Brewery is now all stainless, just need some more SS Fermenters.

Screwy

There will be handles on future ones and they're a good size at that. Not sure when they'll be released as a single item, but they've started to stock them in the ss starter kits put out already. (Don't ask for a date, there isn't one) it'll take a while for those to filter through the supply line i suspect. In the meantime, the old webbed strap style harness, as screwtop mentioned, work a treat.

Martin

Martin,

It may be me but I cannot find these on your site?

The link from the OP goes to vid.

Wanna hit the 'GO' button.

Cheers

Will have a look at it cocko. We disable when stock levels get to critical levels or if we run out. There was a few pallets came in during the week and i believe there was some on one of them. Cheers,
Martin

Show me the money!!

[Link]

Sorry, do you mean OP link... checking now - YEP - back on.

Order on the way!

Thanks, Martin. Outstanding service and attention, as always!!

Cheers

Ok, 9 days down from 1.040 to 1.009 and the result is that the beer in the stainless fermenter is way cleaner tasting that the other half of the batch in the plastic fermenter. Happy brewer!!

Started chilling today changed controller to drop to 14C over a couple of days. I step down to 2C!

Screwy

Screwy, what are the taste differences?

lael said:
Screwy, what are the taste differences?

I can only describe it as clean. Flavour and aromas are much brighter, although both finished at the same terminal gravity the one from the SS fermenter seems drier and slightly more bitter.

Screwy

Hi Screwy,

Could you post a pic of the modified tap in your new vessel?

I just ordered one of these. I'm a noob and just purchasing gear to get going. No doubt plastic fermenters work well but I'm not a fan of plastic in general when food is involved and figured stainless would be a nice starting point. Martin from National Home Brew was very prompt with replying to me.
I also purchased a Munton Irish Cream Ale kit for my first brewing experience. Any tips appreciated!

Screwtop said:
I can only describe it as clean. Flavour and aromas are much brighter, although both finished at the same terminal gravity the one from the SS fermenter seems drier and slightly more bitter.

Screwy
I assume it's the reported "flavour scalping" which happens in plastic fermentors.

FWIW

(* from the Better Bottle website - link on the left menu)

Latest posts

Back