Ss Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the guy lists these via Ebay as well.
I have had two of them, both of which were sent back as one was manufactured so badly you could see the pinholes.
The other started rusting when just having water in the pot for 1 hour to see if it leaks as well.
He has recently sent a member here an email saying it is not suitable for brewing. Funny thing is - The pot rusted after I had only plain water in it to see if the handle rivets would leak.

Some members have had good pots from this guy but then there have been a few (like mine) which start rusting. I would not trust it for brewing beer and while it is quite a bit more, look for the Robinox pots which are of excellent quality.

Cheers

Roller

Some members have had good pots from this guy but then there have been a few (like mine) which start rusting. I would not trust it for brewing beer and while it is quite a bit more, look for the Robinox pots which are of excellent quality.

Roller

+1, my robinox was the best bank loan i ever applied for.

I'm sure a few people been waiting for me to bite here :D

Mate, have a scroll through this thread- HERE Lots of positives and lots of negatives on the quality of these pots...
Mine is rusted in many places, and has tiny rust holes forming around the base of the pot.

Many people are very happy with their purchases. Many are not.

Cheers.

have done about a dozen brews in my 50L pot. has a couple of small rust spots on it now and the bottom is stained but apart from that I haven't had any dramas. except drilling the hole in it for the ball valve, that was a ******* of a job! just got lucky with mine I guess. When it is time for a new brew kettle I will be spending the extra cash on a better quality one though.

speaking of pots, where the hell have the pots gone on allquip? I haven't seen them on their website in the past few weeks.

I couldn't find them last time either. Beerbelly still had them on offer last time I looked and they were only a few $$$'s dearer than Allequip if you don't live in NSW and can pickup the pot.

Back