Sqyre In Adelaide 22nd June.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be there 9.30 ish
Gregg :D

GEEZUZ Gregg....we'll all be pissed by then! Oh...that's right.....we're not binge drinkers so we'll only be having 2 drinks each.... <_< we'll be there all night drinking one drink an hour of course.......

I will see if I can get their early, to make sure Sqyre can sign my copy of Beer and Brewer.
Before the great beers on tap gets everyone talking left handed.

Hey Guys, finally in Adelaide,
Very busy today guys but i will definatly see you's tonight..
should be there around 7.30 - 8 . :beer:

Cheers Sqyre.. ;)

Called into Sqyres Sat, noticed your bedroom was looking well used InCider, the grass is all flattened out just like you'd slept there the previous night, maybe the goat has been keeping it warm for you? Renae has been busy brewing, both Fri Night and Sat arvo, so there'll be no shortage of beer. Flat out she was, up and down the stairway checking temps, stirring and sparging. We dragged ourselves away from the bar twice to go down to the brewery to check on her. Oh and Sean, see if you can sneak what's left of his Irish Red home for me please.

Don't any of you SA brewers let him near your wheat beer, it really knocks him about, he nearly lost his job Renae's brew assistant last friday night after drinking just one keg of his.

Screwy

I just PM'd Domonsura with my mobile number and to send me his... in case i get lost..
See you's soon.

Sqyre.

Hi Everyone

I just got a call from Sqyre, he asked me to post and to let you know that he is at the pub and it IS open.

Cheers
Renae

Well, I made it home safely after having to duck out early :(

I made sure I left after the bottle of Deus was shared around/consumed though :)

I took a photo of some of the beers drunk in the first hour but it looks horrible so I won't upload it.

Among them we went through were the Emerson's range (IPA, Pilsner, London Porter), Sinha Stout, TT Landlord, Knappstein Reserve, Southwark Stout, Young's Double Choc Stout, Young's English Bitter, SNPA and a bunch of homebrews (mostly GMKs, that were definitely not consumed in the licensed premises!).

Everyone was still behaving very nicely when I left, Mrs Sqyre!

Well a good night had here too. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to play up. I had to drive home to a preggers trouble and strife, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :super:

Many nice beers were tasted and enjoyed. As well as some good company. Some new blokes met and a few familiar faces.

I had a couple of pics that did turn out so here they are: :party:

GMK Holding the bottle of liquid Gold. A very nice drop indeed. Was certainly the one beer that got everyone on their feet.
P1010094.JPG

Squire looking his most b e a utiful self.
P1010095.JPG

A bit of a pic of all those that attended. Minus GMK (Harassing Jade) J/K And me of course.
P1010096.JPG

All in all a fantastic way to spend a Monday night.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

HK

ughhhhhh...............hygueoegoegejg.......................hgfojhdughdhgsiopg./.............hhgfyrtee...............tuudwt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhh...Beerbelly will be closed till somewhere around lunchtime.........I have a feeling someone will be under the weather.........Mrs beerbelly....:D

ughhhhhh...............hygueoegoegejg.......................hgfojhdughdhgsiopg./.............hhgfyrtee...............tuudwt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is french for?????? :beer: or is it swah helee for wait till my mother see's me.....

BYB

I'm OK!!!!..I'm...O..K...
AweSome Night!!! :super:
(will post in detail later when i can feel my fingers again)

Sqyre..

ahhh...Beerbelly will be closed till somewhere around lunchtime.........I have a feeling someone will be under the weather.........Mrs beerbelly....:D

under the weather yes.....closed no......good night, complete with P & C the bottle thief :lol:

Hey Guys,
I finally made it back to brissy last night...
Sorry i havent posted sooner but my flight was late, then my car broke down on the way back from the airport, and my dog decided to ram a piece of fencing wire through his eye, then i had to go back to work at 4am, and top it off i've had a bit of a sniffle... . . . :rolleyes:

I had an absolutly AWESOME night!!
The range of beers at the Wheaty were Incredible!!! i cant say enough about how awesome that Pub is. I could live there.
It was great to meet everyone especially the long time AHB chatters and TF2 drunken wingman..

Heres a few Pics i managed to snap that actualy turned out..

Firstly the wonderful selection..
beers_small.jpg

All the boys... (Domonsura on the phone to Mrs Sqyre booking some floor space for the next Qld Xmas Swap.)
DSCF5455_small.jpg

Adamt and Peas and Corn..
adamt_and_pandC.jpg

I've had this many beers!!!...(Domonsura and P&C)
dom_and_PandC.jpg

"The Precious"
deus.jpg

A serious moment... "did You just spill that Barleywine?" Excellent drop Kenny!! Only one left.. :(
kenny.jpg

Our Wheaty Publican Jade, who's knowledge of Beers and ability to rattle off an entire Description and history of every brew is truely amazing!
jane.jpg

And closer to Last drinks a few popped in for quick beer and to drag the old man home..
Dom_mr_and_mrs_russel.jpg

Guys, Next time i'm in Adelaide we will have to do it again!!
and if anyone of you head up towards Brissy anytime there always a spare stool ready in the Shed.
and Dom and Adam i will see you up here for the Qld Xmas Case Swap! :super:
Cheers again,
Sqyre.. ;)

It was a most excellent night - good to meet you and the others.

I will be up in Brisbane in March 2009 for my Twin Brothers Wedding - he lives out near Enogera...

Might have to work out a Brew night while I am up there so that I can steel away...

;-)

Hey Guys,
I finally made it back to brissy last night...
Sorry i havent posted sooner but my flight was late, then my car broke down on the way back from the airport, and my dog decided to ram a piece of fencing wire through his eye, then i had to go back to work at 4am, and top it off i've had a bit of a sniffle... . . . :rolleyes:

I had an absolutly AWESOME night!!
The range of beers at the Wheaty were Incredible!!! i cant say enough about how awesome that Pub is. I could live there.
It was great to meet everyone especially the long time AHB chatters and TF2 drunken wingman..

I've had this many beers!!!...(Domonsura and P&C)
View attachment 19810

What is that bottle I see inside someones denim jacket? A bottleknapping in progress.....

BYB

What is it with the poofy little glass Sqyre? :lol: Glad you enjoyed yourself, lucky bugger, the Wheatie is an Australian Icon and so is Jade. Looks like typical SA hospitality.

So GMK is heading this way next year, a brew day sounds the GO. Better arrange for an extended stay Ken, Enoggera is roughly the same travelling time from Sqyres, Ross' and the Sunny Coast so set aside some time for visits.

Screwy

Looks like a good nite, sorry I couldn't get there. Monday nites are just a bit to hard ATM.

.......and did GMK say he has twin brother? dear god theres not two of them :lol:

Latest posts

Back