Sqyre In Adelaide 22nd June.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sqyre

Bee & Thistle Brewery
Reaction score
I'm flying down and staying in Glenelg for work for 2 nights, Sunday and Monday Night.

I hopefully, might be able to have a free night away (monday night) from buisness meetings...
and was wondering if there is anthing interesting within walking distance from the Glenelg Jetty.
(Beer related that is..Mrs Sqyre said No Hookers.. :p )

Or any Local Brewers want to meet up and have a beer?

Cheers,
Sqyre... ;)

I'm flying down and staying in Glenelg for work for 2 nights, Sunday and Monday Night.

I hopefully, might be able to have a free night away (monday night) from buisness meetings...
and was wondering if there is anthing interesting within walking distance from the Glenelg Jetty.

Cheers,
Sqyre... ;)

Not within walking distance of Glenelg, but I think you need to come down to the Wheatsheaf (short taxi ride, MUCH better beer)...........I'll come down for a beer or eight, I've been looking for another excuse to head down to the Wheaty. And definitely, no hookers there ...:D

Cheers,
Sqyre... ;)

Jump on the tram into town then cab it to the Wheatsheaf Hotel, the hookers look a little on the butch side :lol: but the beers are great. Pity you don't have time to get down to the Steam Exchange Brewery at Goolwa or out to the Lobethall Bierhaus.

Cheers,

Screwy

Well thats 2 votes for the Wheatsheaf. (conflicting Prostitute storys but thats fine)
I just gooled it and its about 11 km from the hotel (Wheatsheaf is in George street?)

Unfortunatly my budget is extremely tight at the moment but if public transport/cab will get me there cheaply enough i cant see it being a problem. (untill i drink all my money and have to walk 11km back to the hotel. :lol: )

I will send you a PM over the weekend Dom, to confirm.. ( or see you on TF2..Pyro Achievement upgrades out today)

Cheers, Sqyre... ;)

Well thats 2 votes for the Wheatsheaf. (conflicting Prostitute storys but thats fine)
I just gooled it and its about 11 km from the hotel (Wheatsheaf is in George street?)

Unfortunatly my budget is extremely tight at the moment but if public transport/cab will get me there cheaply enough i cant see it being a problem. (untill i drink all my money and have to walk 11km back to the hotel. :lol: )

I will send you a PM over the weekend Dom, to confirm.. ( or see you on TF2..Pyro Achievement upgrades out today)

Cheers, Sqyre... ;)

+ 3 votes

As for the budget I would budget for just a liquid diet while here. The beers at the Wheaty are the top end of what you would normally pay but thats because it is top end beer...

BYB

Sounds like you'll see both sides of Glenelg... Sunday where all the 16 year old retards try and get into the Grand and the streets are littered with cans of Woodstock and Cruiser bottles... and Monday where everyone who lives there walks around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment :)

I have exams coming up but Monday evening at the wheaty sounds good!

Swwweet!, if all goes well i will see you there adam.. :super:

Sqyre.. :icon_cheers:

Have just run it past the missus Sqyre, she's happy to play taxi for us so you can forgo the public transport if you like. She'll even drop you back in glenelg (well, I'm not allowed to drive to the Wheatsheaf so she'll be collecting me anyway). We just have to sort out when & where etc etc, so let me know when you have a timetable .........

Thank's Dom :super: ,
but I may have sorted the transport myself,
scored a couple of cab charges by inviting some work colleges along for a few beers.

Thanks for the offer anyway mate. :icon_cheers:

I wont know exactly what time we will be there.. i assume we will be heading back to the hotel for dinner then out to meet you guys after that.
Unfortunatly i dont know what time the work day finishes i'm guessing 5pm. so chances are we might not get there untill 7:30 - 8pm.
It could be earlier but i wont know untill the day..

I will keep you posted..

Sqyre.. ;)

Something going on at the wheatie AHB related? Sounds good to me! I'm trying to rope the other half into doing the driving

Looks like a couple of busy nights on the workbench at Woodhill for 'ole InCider.

Can you leave the keys the shed out for us mate? :lol:

Its alright sean, I got they keys, Renea said she will "Look After " us...

that can only mean one thing.....Fun for all... :D

holdfast hotel is close has a micro but the beer is shit....port dock in port adelaide i hear is average another micro

Its alright sean, I got they keys, Renea said she will "Look After " us...

that can only mean one thing.....Fun for all... :D

Sorted - and we'll change the locks too.

She's a lucky lady to have both of us Stu! :D

Thinking that I will try and get there on Monday around 8.00pm

Will be good to catch up.

Will be easy to recognise me - will have a burgundy barossa brewers club shirt on with gmk under the logo...:)

See you there.

You''l be able to spot Stu and I ... sneaking out in the early dawn, bags under our eyes, big grins and pushing our cars up the road and starting them around the corner...

Ill try and get there Monday night. Anybody passing through the Unley region? :p

Latest posts

Back