Spreadable Beer...... Hmmmmm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the taste of Vegemite on toast.

Beer (?) on toast? Probably not.

Yeah, I'm not sure.

They do share very similar ingredients.

I'd give it a go.

Yeah I'd probably try almost anything once.

Beer spread and wasabi beer included.

Watched Heston on Master chef during the week.
He used agar agar to make a jelly of something, stuck it in the fridge to set, then run it through a blender till it was chopped into a smooth paste and heated it up again to make a smooth sauce and cooled it.

That process would work just fine with beer to make a spread. A little would be great on battered fish, steak ect a dollop would sit there and not melt.

The Italians should stick to making watery lagers, cooking pasta sauce and going bankrupt.
I simply cant understand the compulsion to produce loony variations of beer and its ingredients.
Cant get enough hops? Hey, lets make em into cigars and smoke em whilst mashing some hop candy and beer flavored spread into our toast!

This is precisely the kind of shitty present (likely part of a beer themed hamper) I'd get from in laws who presume because you go to all the hassle to brew beer, you must be obsessed with all things beer.
I also like large breast's and cooking. Do I deserve one of those novelty aprons with tits on it?

Look, If I want open my day with beer anything, I'll have my bread in the form of Doppelbock, then followed by a little nap most likely.

Latest posts

Back