Spotted A Special?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spork

Reaction score
Hi all.

Some other forums of which I'm a member have a "Spotted a bargain - share it here" type thread going, so that if one member finds a good product at a good price they can alert others to it.
I haven't seen anything like that here, so I figured I'd start one.
I know we already have the ebay thread, but ebay is only one online marketplace. This thread can cater for non-ebay online sellers, as well as "bricks and mortar" retailers. Your local bottle-o, or Dan Murphys, or anywhere in between can go here.
I hope this can be the thread for all the "Cheap 19 litre stockpots at Big W" type threads. The "Headmaster Glasses On Sale At Coles?" thread. The "$50 Rambo burners at Anaconda" threads, the "$20 cartons at Aldi" threads. (OK, I made the last 2 up..) You get the idea.

I'll get the ball rolling.
BWS. Lowenbrau $40 / slab, with a nice 1/2 litre stein. Also Paulaner Oktoberfest 1 litre can and 1 litre stein, $20.
As luck would have it, I quite like a lowenbrau now and again, and I needed another 500mL stein so when I drink with a mate we can both have the same size glass.
NFI about the Paulaner, but I like the idea of being able to drink a 6 pack and still tell Mrs Spork, honestly, "I only had 2 glasses". :)

PaulanerOktoberfestBier.jpg

The local Dans has a 1L DAB + 1L stein for $17. ($16.90). I assume this is available at most stores...

They also have another 1L can + stein for ~$20

Hi all.

Some other forums of which I'm a member have a "Spotted a bargain - share it here" type thread going, so that if one member finds a good product at a good price they can alert others to it.
I know we already have the ebay thread, but ebay is only one online marketplace. This thread can cater for non-ebay online sellers, as well as "bricks and mortar" retailers. Your local bottle-o, or Dan Murphys, or anywhere in between can go here.
I hope this can be the thread for all the "Cheap 19 litre stockpots at Big W" type threads. The "Headmaster Glasses On Sale At Coles?" thread. The "$50 Rambo burners at Anaconda" threads, the "$20 cartons at Aldi" threads. (OK, I made the last 2 up..) You get the idea.

BWS. Lowenbrau $40 / slab, with a nice 1/2 litre stein. Also Paulaner Oktoberfest 1 litre can and 1 litre stein, $20.
As luck would have it, I quite like a lowenbrau now and again, and I needed another 500mL stein so when I drink with a mate we can both have the same size glass.
NFI about the Paulaner, but I like the idea of being able to drink a 6 pack and still tell Mrs Spork, honestly, "I only had 2 glasses". :)

Not a bad drop the Paulaner. I was in Germany last year and paid 5 euro for the same combo......bloody aussie taxes or freight or something! <_<

While not necessarily a special, I find this site useful in finding which of my local bottle shops have a particular beer on sale.

http://www.boozle.com.au/beer/

The results are usually fairly accurate. Give it a go.

And just like real Oktoberfest beer it doesn't reach the line <_<

And just like real Oktoberfest beer it doesn't reach the line <_<

hahaha
Must be authentic then...

Boozle doesn't work in Tassie, and IIRC it only shows the the major retailers. This thread is not just for cheap beer, it's for anything and everything beer related.

For those running low Woolies have a pretty good deal on beer atm. As well as the usual suspects there is James Squires 150 Lashes for $50, James Boag's Premium Lager - $45, Becks and Heineken - $42. Plus if you get 2 cartons you get 20c a litre off fuel.

OH MY GOD!!!! Boozle, where have you been all my life?????

Hi all.

Got my hands on one of these today from Dans. They're also selling 5L mini kegs of Lowenbrau Oktoberfest beer for $30.00.
$6.00 per litre! that's a goddamn bargain compared to Oktoberfest prices!!!

Got my hands on one of these today from Dans. They're also selling 5L mini kegs of Lowenbrau Oktoberfest beer for $30.00.
$6.00 per litre! that's a goddamn bargain compared to Oktoberfest prices!!!
that's my friday night sorted out. yoink!

Should throw a reminder about 'foursquare' phone app in here

This months at 1st choice Buy a 4 or 6 pack of Matila Bay get the second one half price.

Back