Speidels Braumeister. Impressive Yes. Expensive Yes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the strong $AU and we have been working on a better freight deal, it looks like we will be able to shave $500 off Braumeister, got a test delivery in the works, if all goes to plan $2500 for a 20L and $3500 for a 50L Braumeister is going to be very tempting for a lot of people.
MHB

The price is right! LINK

Both G&G and I have reduced the price to $2500 for the 20 L and $3500 for the 50 L Braumeister. The new pricing came about because the dollar is so strong and as a result of lot of work with Speidel (who make Braumeister) on a better box and freight deal.
The old 50L Braumeister box was HUGE, sure it protected the Braumeister well but it counted as a ton of airfreight, they got a packaging engineer in to rework the box and have managed to reduce the size considerably.

New deliveries are coming through with Stainless Steel filters replacing the fabric ones, its going to be interesting to see if they are any better, Ive just replaced mine after about 100 brews and will try the new stainless ones when a shipment of spare parts thats on the way arrives.
Back when I got mine, it cost me $5K, not complaining at the time the AUD was in the toilet and freight on a one off delivery was murderous, I really have got my moneys worth out of mine, but there never has been a better time to invest in a Braumeister.
MHB

Just finished my 10th brew on the Braumeister, I can say without reservation that it is the best brewery I have ever experienced, I love that it allows me to be working while I brew, and the results are as good as it gets. I know people say it is expensive but it certainly pays for itself in my instance in time saved, quality of output and happy customers. It is not for everyone but if you can afford it and justify the cost, it does deliver a really elegant solution to all grain brewing , with few downsides. I am not affiliated with the retailers in any way, I am just a happy customer. If you have questions ask and I will do my best to answer.

Any of you guys know what the 200 litre model is worth?

Just curious.

I think Morebeer in the US have them on their website, from memory $11000 USD :icon_cheers:
I've heard rumours of between $22,000 and $24,000, that was a while ago, so dollar may have affected the price. If our brew on Premise goes well, I would definitely consider a 200 litre as an option, even now we are doing 3 brew days a week once it gets to 5 I will start to do double batches doing the boil in the keggle, if it goes beyond this the 200 litre would be an answer.

Anyone notice one of the vids on the main product site there is a youtube clip of a guy that owns one but the cracking of the grain is done with a cheap corona mill? :eek:

Ahhh that explains it. ......but still...and this from a small mill marga owner...

The big problem with ordering the 200 liter model is that it has not been approved for use in Australia, this means that the first importer is responsible for proving that the unit is worthy of Australian standards electrical and safety approval, as this often involves a complete pull down, I would not want to be the first importer.

The big problem with ordering the 200 liter model is that it has not been approved for use in Australia, this means that the first importer is responsible for proving that the unit is worthy of Australian standards electrical and safety approval, as this often involves a complete pull down, I would not want to be the first importer.

Well someone should import one. Because of its small footprint (only one vessel) it seems to the ideal set-up for a brew pub.

Maybe a really need to convince Alex T from LC to get one as he talked about it after he saw mine(20lt model).

Love the fact that my brewery is being cleaned in my laundry sink as we speak,my old brewery wouldnt have even fitted in the laundry...just taking up half my tool/garden shed.

Those crazy guys at Spiedel

Water powered 20t juice press ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back