Speidels Braumeister. Impressive Yes. Expensive Yes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor People - Please explain!!!

Doesn't everyone worth their salt have a BM and a WW!!!

Cheers

Wobbly

Does the WilliamsWarn produce wort or is it purely a fermentation and carbonation system?

It's unclear on their website.

Okay, I found it in their literature.

Sort of.

As mentioned though it would make a great companion piece for the Braumeister.

Cervantes said:
Does the WilliamsWarn produce wort or is it purely a fermentation and carbonation system?

It's unclear on their website.
AFAIK it ferments wort with the ability to carbonate it and serve it as well or you can apparently buy an attachment CPBF as well.
You still need to put wort in it to be fermented. Some use extract as it is recommended from the manufacturer or you could make wort by BM, 3V BIAB etc and add it to the machine.

proudscum said:
Am waiting on mine to come direct as we speak.Two very small children means my v3 mash system has been sitting in the shed in parts for the last 4 yrs(that and working 3 jobs doing renovations and study)I will be able to make consistently good beers with very little fuss in my laundry with the door locked for child safety and not be dicking around in the shed for hours mainly as the shed will be demolished in the coming weeks.Being a fine dinning Chef i like a process that can be repeated,dont have the knowledge for wiring ,CPL etc.This product has really got me amped up about brewing again,Have cleaned all my equipment ,looking at buying a mill
(tried to get in on a bulk buy and missed out)bags of grain/stir plate /filters etc etc.Joined this forum got 3 new varieties of Hops in the ground.God am i the reincarnate of BIG KEV..im excited.

Just my 10cents as there are no longer 1,2,5cent pieces in NZ.And yes the capital of NZ is not 2Cents its Wellington.
Nearly 4 yrs on and am about to use my Bruameister as a HLT in a 3V HERMS pilot brewery for work.Looking at high gravity brewing for 50lt packaged one off kegs(silly,extreme,funky brews).Going to be playing with toys from Newera https://www.newerabrewing.com.au/ including the brewbucket and the 17 gallon fermenter in the very near future.Nice when your hobby becomes your job,when you do your hobby at work.

Brewbeast vs big bertha.jpg

Bumping my own three year old post :huh:

Malty Cultural said:
.........There has been some chat regarding smaller batches in the 50 litre model, but what would be the smallest batch you could do in the 20 litre? I brew for my 12 litre kegs, so I would want to finish with about 13 litres plus trub at the end of the boil. What is the minimum volume of water required to run through the mash? I'd like to avoid a three hour boil to hit my target volume!

With my batch size, the amount of grain I use is only about 2.8kg for a 1.050 brew. Would this be sufficient to form a good grain bed in the 20 litre unit?
It looks like there is now a short malt pipe for the 20L. http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/products/category/FYNIIQWV%20braumeister/7BRAU+SHORT+MALT+PIPE+20L

Pratty1 said:
My 20Lt got its maiden run on Wednesday night after picking up the unit from MHB along with the DSGA recipe. WOW! :D :D This system was smooth to use, operate and clean. Like everyone has said "You wont Regret it".

(previously owned a 40lt urn and done biab with PID controller and brown pump for circulation)

Money well spent and here is why>>>

We have a 1 year old right now and i got the all clear for brewing wednesday night. What the wife didnt know was I planned another brew for friday(last night) because i couldnt wait to use it again. I got home at 5pm on Friday and the wife left for the gym, which put me on baby patrol. With the young bloke getting into everything now he can stand etc etc we put the water in and went and played for 15 mins while it got to strike temp.

beep beep....Malt pipe went in and I mashed in and did a 15 min hydration rest while i bathed the baby. When the boy was clothed i put the top filter on and started her up>>> here is where its efficiency shined like the stainless steel that it is>>

Feed baby, read a book to baby, changed a pooey nappy, got baby ready for bed, put baby to bed. wife come home and Im in the kitchen cleaning up, emptied bins, go to computer room for 20mins( loading brew into beersmith2, lol) had dinner with the wife, watched some TV...beep beep beep ( mind you i occasionally checked on the rig ) Lifted malt pipe and started sparge at around 8pm>>>

2 hrs later the wife come to the garage to say goodnight and asked what i was doing, i said making a beer, oh i thought you were cleaning the unit from wednesday, ok cool, goodnight. :p

Sparge finished, boil commenced and finished, no chilled all by 11pm on a friday makes for a sweet brew night, everyones was happy!! :beer:
hahahaha this story has made my day. I started this thread too and am very proud of where it got to. Cheers all. Go BM!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back