Speidels Braumeister. Impressive Yes. Expensive Yes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grain and grape have 10% of braumiesters till 1pm tomorrow! !

Dont know reckon you should ask and see hey

Paid $1700 for mine from Germany 80 Euro postage straight through customs no gst, pump packed in after 4 brews Speidel posted out a new pump as soon as I informed them,great service and great saving.
Those being sold on eBay from France should be ex vat so that is almost 20% off the listed price.

Build your own! Mine cost me about $1100 and I personally think it's better than the original! (Insert smart arse smiley face here) (insert tongue in cheek smiley face here)

Edak said:
Build your own! Mine cost me about $1100 and I personally think it's better than the original! (Insert smart arse smiley face here) (insert tongue in cheek smiley face here)
and how many hours did you work on the rig? im guessing more than 50 and if you time is considered a trade @ $50 per hour...cost less.....really? :ph34r:

Pratty1 said:
and how many hours did you work on the rig? im guessing more than 50 and if you time is considered a trade @ $50 per hour...cost less.....really? :ph34r:
If that is the case, I pay about 500 bucks for less than two cartons of beer every time I brew.

Interesting read this thread though, how the thinking has evolved over the years from horribly expensive and no one should own one ever right through to they are amazing and everyone should own or clone one!

sadly the community services sector isn't paying anywhere near $50 an hour. Before, after or during tax!

What about engineer rates? Never shall I brew beer again! A hobby must not be looked at as work otherwise they are too expensive. Think of it as this; using your theory's I was being paid 30 bucks an hour to do something I enjoy for 50 hours...

Just wanted to post some love for the Braumeister. Fired up the 50L for the first time last weekend and I'm impressed. So easy, so much less stuffing around and, hopefully, better beer. :super:

I want to pass this story on because retailers should be applauded when they conduct business like this.

We did a bit of a monster brew day last Thursday. Brewed up a RIS and an Oatmeal. During the sparge we noticed we still had a lot of sugar still in the wort. Cool, let's do a third batch. I have a pack of Belle Saison in the fridge. We'll do a Saison Stout. No kettles left, I'll use the Braumeister.

I go to turn it on and it just won't. Display is flicking and refusing to fire up. I'm pretty nervous at this stage. The BM is dead!

I shoot off an email to John @ Grain and Grape in Yarraville. I had purchased the BM from there almost two years ago.

Within 10 minutes I had a reply. He said he would email Ralph from Spiedel and find out what he can do to help me out. 5 minutes passes and he had called me informing me that there's a replacement display and control box being sent from Germany that afternoon. (Ralph deserves some credit here, too. We worked out the time difference and he would have had to read and replied to the email from John at 5:45am!)

My problem was solved within 20 minutes! Unreal.

The after sales service at Grape and Grain is amazing. Hats off to John and the team. I'll be back brewing in no time!

Got a BM after too many K&Ks and then 20+ AG BIABs with crown 20 L.

Best thing I have ever bought. Admittedly went Harvey's with a mate so reduced the cost.

But, if you are thinking about it, stop thinking.

Do it.

Repeatability and the time saving And the cleaning ease etc makes it so much better than an urn.

Buy it and thank me (and all the other posters) later.

I agree with everything that Charlie has said about the BM: although I would, given that we went halves in one.

From my experience the beauty of the BM is the simplicity of it... how easy and stress free it makes brew day.

Once you've got your system dialled in, it's as simple as programming in your mash schedule and hop addition times, adding your strike water volume and then going with the flow. You can then spend more time doing stuff around the house, or more time planning better beer.

Until I owned one (or 1/2 of one as it is), I thought that BMs were for wankers. I'm now a happy wanker.

Buy one. You won't look back.

I wonder how one of those would go to produce wort for a Williamswarn Personal Brewing setup?

Bribie G said:
I wonder how one of those would go to produce wort for a Williamswarn Personal Brewing setup?
I believe that the BM used as it is meant to be, produces quality wort for any style of fermenter.
After the hot side you are on your own with the cold side as Speidel have no control with how you as an individual treat the fermentation.

I have a BM and I ferment in a plastic fermenter but with a deal of repeatability that I did not experience with my old systems....yes more than one :lol: :ph34r:

Bribie G said:
I believe that wobbly and someone else uses the BM to make the wort before putting it through the Williamsworn machine, when they aren't brewing they are wondering what the poor people are doing.

wide eyed and legless said:
I believe that wobbly and someone else uses the BM to make the wort before putting it through the Williamsworn machine, when they aren't brewing they are wondering what the poor people are doing.
Trying to seal our weldless kettles. Obviously.

wide eyed and legless said:
:lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back