Sodium Percabonate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfy said:
You could have just asked where I got it from. :)
HUCON, Bayswater, Vic (easy to find website or details in phone book)
You'll get the same answer from Yob. ;)
What he said.. best price around at just under $50 for 25kg.. and that is single bag price ;)

If you arrange a bulk buy, it's worth thinking of doing a Sodium Met buy at the same time for the home made PBW.

:ph34r:

That price is very good, would equate to buying napisan for 60c a tub :)

Yob said:
What he said.. best price around at just under $50 for 25kg.. and that is single bag price ;)

If you arrange a bulk buy, it's worth thinking of doing a Sodium Met buy at the same time for the home made PBW.

that is Sodium Metasilicate and not Sodium Metabisulfite of course ;)

Thanks Wolfy
I thought you got it through a bulk buy organised by someone else.
I gave HUCON a call today For 25kg it will cost $1.70 per kg, $42.50..
I'm sure the price will go lower with a larger order

Im happy with that..

OT: I found adding Sodium Met made is much more difficult to rinse. Thoughts?

Hello Yob,
The place you got the Sodium Percarbonate from, is that the same place you get the Sodium Metasillicate from?
Thanks

Yup. Thought it was $47 though... whatever close enough

@bullsneck, my method, and seems to work is rinse off and then a starsan rinse... squeaky

jeddog said:
Thanks Wolfy
I thought you got it through a bulk buy organised by someone else.
I gave HUCON a call today For 25kg it will cost $1.70 per kg, $42.50..
Only BB's I've run I ordered/got the stuff myself, however you may find that price is ex GST.
The first BB I ran, I made the mistake of using the price they quoted on the phone, which did not include GST, so I was out of pocket a little bit.

djar007 said:
I am in Vic also and would buy some too.
+ 1 Im keen. How do we arrange a bulk buy? I would be happy to go and pick it up and divvy it out (If no one else is) providing I didnt get stuck with 10 kgs of the stuff.

ask Dane for permission to start a thread :ph34r: :lol: (Sorry, couldnt help myself) in the bulk buy section and start adding names like all the rest mate.. have a look at previous examples.

People will commit to a number, keep a tally, set a cut off date and a rounded number to the closest 25kg,

Collect payment, collect goods, wait for people to turn up and get it over a month or so ;)

Yob

Okay I will contact Hucon today for exact pricing, and ask Dane for persmission. Pick up could be at Dandenong during business hours or after hours at Lyndhurst. I can also arrange to get orders over to the West or Northern suburbs if someone over that way could act as a pick up location.
In fact there are some other locations such as Geelong, Traralgon, Bendigo, that I can also get orders shipped too FOC. But will list all this in the actual bulk buy thread.

Latest posts

Back