Sodium perc in dishwasher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi all I have been using sodium perc in the the dishwasher for a while but finding it leaves a chalky coating on every thing I have adjusted the dose of perc and the rise aid setting and it still happens. Any tips?
thanks

I cut mine with 1/2 lectric soda. I don't have your problem. I'm not sure whether that's due to the lectric soda or not. Maybe give it a try. The other thing that occurs to me is that your dishwasher isn't getting hot enough to dissolve the perc, but I'm no expert.

http://www.lectric.com.au/WhereToBuy

I hope it not a temp thing is on the hottest setting. I have some washing soda I will give that a go and report back.

Whats

Robbo2234 said:
Hi all I have been using sodium perc in the the dishwasher for a while but finding it leaves a chalky coating on every thing I have adjusted the dose of perc and the rise aid setting and it still happens. Any tips?
thanks
Whats your rinse aid. ?

Straight white vinegar is the go....the stuff from buninks is stronger than supermarket stuff

I use about 2 tbspn of straight sodium percarbonate and get crystal clear glassware.

Got 5l of this. www.padstowfoodservice.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4076&osCsid=ksdnphifggmc5egohqgmt18pi4

All so got some finish rinse aid

Robbo2234 said:
Got 5l of this. www.padstowfoodservice.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4076&osCsid=ksdnphifggmc5egohqgmt18pi4

All so got some finish rinse aid
Haha...that link bought up dishwasher liquid, bleach, rice crackers and ice....

Well I guess its better than the other link that was around here a few years back!! Lol

Just incase you want want to do the dishes and have a snack at the same time!

I did a teaspoon of perc and teaspoon of lectric and there is a huge improvement but still not shiny glassware. I will adjust the recipe and see how that goes.

I saw on ahh 3:1 ratio of met and perc so I will try that next time.

ah righto I thought you where using sodium percarbonate as a soaker/washer and vinegar as a rinse aid.
Anyways ive (the missus) been using 2 tablespoons of percarbonate and a supermarket rinse aid, it cleans everything really well. Glass comes up beautiful.

Kingy said:
ah righto I thought you where using sodium percarbonate as a soaker/washer and vinegar as a rinse aid.
Correct.

Although when washing car parts then you will need to use more sodium-percarbonate ......not that I would advise doing this if you want to stay married, but perfectly legit if your single ;)

Ok I am happy with 2 to 1 ratio lectric to perc. Glasses came up shiny as! Using one teaspoon dosage

Latest posts

Back