Soda stream thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earle said:
How does the tap on the CO2art one work? Is is just winding down and depressing the pin in the valve of the soda stream cylinder?
yes it works great you just screw it on to your bottle and turn the knob on top out comes your co2 and a std reg fits well.

Ok guys .....

Re Bulk buy for this new Soda Stream adapter and Reg.. I have been in contact with CO2Art with regards to this and would like to know some no's for ppl out there that would like to get on board. I have asked for approximate pricing in the mean time, but they are very happy to agree to wholesale prices for us.

If you could email me at [email protected] this free up the post area here. these email mails will come to my sever so I created that email addy today so its up and running.

Rgds
Chris
:)

Ps as soon as I get the info for No's I will post again with cost of items and shipping here.

Hi Chris,

Why don't you start a group buy thread on here. You'll probably gauge interest a lot quicker.

Hey mate, I'm keen for one. Fire up a BB EOI thread and link us over to it.

ziggy459 said:
Ok guys .....

Re Bulk buy for this new Soda Stream adapter and Reg.. I have been in contact with CO2Art with regards to this and would like to know some no's for ppl out there that would like to get on board. I have asked for approximate pricing in the mean time, but they are very happy to agree to wholesale prices for us.

If you could email me at [email protected] this free up the post area here. these email mails will come to my sever so I created that email addy today so its up and running.

Rgds
Chris
:)

Ps as soon as I get the info for No's I will post again with cost of items and shipping here.
Actually, your suposed to start a thread in the BB forum, and ok it with admin first, that way more people see it and you get greater numbers. If you get stuck Yob is the BB king and would be able to give you any pointers. And yes I'm interested.

Lyrebird_Cycles said:
The thread on the Sodastream bottle is not a CGA 320 thread.

From my measurements it's a 1/2" "G" series pipe thread (formerly known as BSP Parallel). http://www.ring-plug-thread-gages.com/PDChart/G-series-Fine-thread-data.html.

Edit: I just ran a 1/2" BSP tap up the threads on my SO's sodastream machine and it's a fit.
Has this been double checked?

This is their tute video. It shows a very different sodastream thread to the ones I have at home
https://youtu.be/u1GLGXXXYPk

sodastream-6.jpg

Mine is like this

australia-sodastream-cylinder-valve.jpg

And the latter would seem to be the Australian standard.

This is the keg king adapter, you can see the thread types are similar. Nothing like the UK one.

4772-sodastream-adaptor-to-co2-regulator.jpg

So yea,

Interested to hear how people handled this.

Cosdog

The square threaded one is the US standard.

The one in the second pic is what I measured and it conforms to G1/2.

A cheap way to check would be to buy a G 1/2 fitting and see if it seals:

F4607813-01.jpg

This one is $6 from RS.

Hi well have a look at these pics these are from the oz SS setup with the New adapter.. which will be posted in the bulk buy.....

20161025_150917.jpg

20161025_150950.jpg

20161025_151015.jpg

20161025_151052.jpg

20161025_151123.jpg

Kmart over the counter, big w. I think you can buy single cylinders from the soda stream section.

I've just set up my new regulator and it was not sealing between the adapter and reg so I added a fibre washer behind the silicone washer on the reg and all is good.

image.jpg

Sorry I meant to say between the adapter and cylinder.

Back