Soda Stream Adapter and Reg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ziggy459 said:
just remember that you can not just screw a co2 bottle at full pressure though the SS adapter without a high gauge or an adapter that filters that high pressure.
Why is that? All CO2 cylinders run at the same pressure, so whether you put a SS or regulator CO2 cylinder on the adaptor does not matter.

Is it the internals of the ikegger and the Co2Art adapters hitting?

Also pretty sure although ikegger has a .com website they are still Australian.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
So did we (collectively) know that an adaptor would also be required in between the SS adaptor and the mini reg all along? I didn't pick up on that, my fault I know. But it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

iKegger is a US site, so their SS threads are different slightly, as techno and I learned with our initial experience with the mini reg. I've got a 'paintball' cylinder adaptor with my mini reg (eBay one) so can try that when this UK SS adaptor rolls in and see if that ends up getting the SS into the mini reg. I think it's the same thread as a US SS cylinder thread.
Hey Lethal,

Yup we did know, but a bummer that the ikegger adaptor isn't screwing into our BB SS adaptor.
Btw, iKegger is an Aussie site and company, they just ordered the mini-reg (same as the BB) which is a chinese copy of an american specified leyland min-reg.
That's why all the threads on it are imperial.
I have both the ikegger SS (CGA 320) and normal Co2 bottle (Type 30) mini-reg adaptors and both work fine for me.

I have attached a spec drawing of the leyland mini reg if that helps anyone.
1-b18f037fd1.jpg

I have been chatting with the company in China that I am pretty sure are producing the mini regulator's and they have said they have an adapter, I am not sure if this is ikegger's supplier (I suspect it is) though so it may have the same issues, I might order one of his depending on the price to see.

Redman9 said:
Hey Lethal,

Yup we did know, but a bummer that the ikegger adaptor isn't screwing into our BB SS adaptor.
Btw, iKegger is an Aussie site and company, they just ordered the mini-reg (same as the BB) which is a chinese copy of an american specified leyland min-reg.
That's why all the threads on it are imperial.
I have both the ikegger SS (CGA 320) and normal Co2 bottle (Type 30) mini-reg adaptors and both work fine for me.

I have attached a spec drawing of the leyland mini reg if that helps anyone.
attachicon.gif
1-b18f037fd1.jpg
Thanks for the reply. So the iKegger SS to mini reg adaptor will let my eBay Chinese Leland clone mini reg work with a SS bottle? If so dang, I didn't need the CO2Art adaptor as that's all I was ever looking to do (as were a few others I know).

Redman9 said:
Hey whoa there, champ.
Do you also have the UK adapter from the recent BB?
Are you saying you've got the same ikegger piece/adapter that ziggy has & yours fits?
Ie: connects the UK adapter from the BB to the minireg?

Just checked the last message I had from them and they said

We also have the adapters of W21.8-14 Female ->5/8-18UNF male,and W22-14 Female->5/8-18UNF male.
I'll get them to send a pic of the W21.8-14 Female ->5/8-18UNF male to see if they look the same as the ikegger one.

edit, the pics of the sodastream to mini reg adapter they sent to me look like the exact product ikegger sell so they are either their supplier of they have knocked off the design like with the leyland mini reg, although I can't imagine them developing one on their own.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Thanks for the reply. So the iKegger SS to mini reg adaptor will let my eBay Chinese Leland clone mini reg work with a SS bottle? If so dang, I didn't need the CO2Art adaptor as that's all I was ever looking to do (as were a few others I know).
Yep. Dang indeed.
I'm one of the "few others" that was hoping to use the ikegger piece to connect the mini reg to the UK adapter - Solely to make use of the release knob/valve on the UK jobbie.
Sucks if they definitely can't connect - wasted cash on the UK one if so.

technobabble66 said:
Hey whoa there, champ.
Do you also have the UK adapter from the recent BB?
Are you saying you've got the same ikegger piece/adapter that ziggy has & yours fits?
Ie: connects the UK adapter from the BB to the minireg?
I read that as he has both the ikegger adapters and the standard one fit's a normal bottle like ziggy's but doesn't have the co2Art adapter.

technobabble66 said:
Yep. Dang indeed.
I'm one of the "few others" that was hoping to use the ikegger piece to connect the mini reg to the UK adapter - Solely to make use of the release knob/valve on the UK jobbie.
Yeah, I think it will be a better solution to just the one piece adapter and sure we can still make it happen even if the ikegger one doesn't work. Worst case scenario is that I send the CO2Art adapter to China and they make one that fit's, they were willing to do this earlier in the year for a SodaStream adapter and sure they would only be too happy to again, as I am sure they would shortly after have a "Premium SodaStream adapter" in their range as well.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
So did we (collectively) know that an adaptor would also be required in between the SS adaptor and the mini reg all along? I didn't pick up on that, my fault I know. But it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

iKegger is a US site, so their SS threads are different slightly, as techno and I learned with our initial experience with the mini reg. I've got a 'paintball' cylinder adaptor with my mini reg (eBay one) so can try that when this UK SS adaptor rolls in and see if that ends up getting the SS into the mini reg. I think it's the same thread as a US SS cylinder thread.
I knew the UK adapter did not marry to the mini reg. it's purpose is only for soda stream control.

Zorco said:
I've never understood the passion to try and reuse the miniregs with the soda stream. Not once. That isn't what they're for in my kit,

I'm getting another one of these

http://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/regulators/products/stainless-steel-c02-mini-regulator

Cheap and my first one is invincible.

Are you sure you boys are happy in adapter-land?
We have a dream... where mini regs and soda stream bottles can be together and not be judged by their incompatibility, but by the size of their togetherness....We have a dream!

leland3.JPG

(Can't find a pic of sodastream/mini reg rig, need to take one).

Well there is a bit of diff when you use a Micrometer.. pics are below.

20161207_161041.jpg 20161207_161148.jpg

and btw I thought the outlet on the SS adapter from the UK was Stainless.. its Brass.

rgds
CB

Zorco said:
Are you sure you boys are happy in adapter-land?
You would want to hope so, you're on your way with this one, once you have one, what's another.

ziggy459 said:
Well there is a bit of diff when you use a Micrometer.. pics are below.

attachicon.gif
20161207_161041.jpg
attachicon.gif
20161207_161148.jpg

and btw I thought the outlet on the SS adapter from the UK was Stainless.. its Brass.

rgds
CB
I think as someone else mentioned earlier, the ikegger adapter is probably a tiny bit small and the c02art is probably a tiny bit big, on other things they probably work but not together.

I've got two advanced adapters from CO2 Art which are the same thread as my Keezer reg and I'm waiting on two of these which are supposed to fit.
The regulators were 32 Quid each.
I will let yous know when they arrive.

image.jpg

well I had another crack at this and well just used some 360 Abrasive on that fitting used a little inox grease and its down tight.

rgds
cb

20161207_163908.jpg

Latest posts

Back