EOI - Type 30 to 5/8" elbow - mini reg adapter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damoninja

Reaction score
Stemmed from my mini keg build thread

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/94050-mini-keg-esky-build/

Some have been following my compact portokeggy build and asked to check out the possibility of getting some more of these fittings done up, I'll email gascon and get the pricing situation etc.

These are for adapting from a standard CO2 bottle to the mini regulator when you are restricted on height, or for some other reason you need the reg to be orientated 90 degrees.
If you just need to adapt and don't need to save height, beerkat have a perfectly suitable straight one, ask them about it.

These are also not for adapting from soda stream bottles.

The inlet end is a standard type 30 swivel nut with a set nylon surface seal.

The outlet is suited to fit the bigger of the mini keg inlet sleeves. The thread is 5/8"-18UNF with a surface sealing face, you can see the inside of the mini reg sleeve has a silicon washer which is the face of the fitting presses against to make a seal, the fitting is not metal or thread sealing, tape is a no no.

When mounted, it only adds approximately 40mm to the total assembly height opposed to using the straight fitting which adds approximately 90mm, a relatively small saving but if you're seeking to shave as much off height as me you'll

Y'all in?

adapter-reg.JPG

adapter0.JPGadapter1.JPGadapter2.JPG

Lionman said:
Pretty sure most brew shops sell them? I think they are a KK product... Should be $15 exchange too.
Will have to have another look in my LHBS, didn't find any last time, but didn't ask either. I just got excited when I found the same one that damo has

Any idea on a price tag? I dont need one right now but when I do I am sure I wont be able to find one.
hell make a bunch and sell them to iKegger, their jockey box looks a bit sad with that tiny soda bulb inside.

Because these are done up by hand and they'd need to have an order of 50+ to be able to put it through the CNC they couldn't move on price for a small order, given the interest I don't know if we'd get orders of that quantity.

They won't work with a standard reg no, a standard would need to be Type 30 to Type 30

Latest posts

Back