Soda Stream Adapter and Reg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone

Today is your last day to get on the sheet for this BB it will be looked PM Tonight so there will be no more addition allowed. I would like to thank all that have come on board with this great buy.

Payment date is by this Friday the 18th, for those that haven't been able to do that yet, as soon as all monies are complete, than all info will be sent to CO2Art so we can get thing posted back to you.

Thanks again....

Rgds ziggy459(Chris) :)

foozeygooz said:
Oops only read the first page. I'll put my deets on the spreadsheet
Hey mate,

Have a look at the PM I just added you to. On the original post you will see the link to the secure spreadsheet. If you added data to the public one, I'll delete it.

Cheers

Zorco

Hi Guy

Well if you didn't get on the PM for this buy, it is now too late as we have a very tight window to get all monies in and get the shipments going.

I would like to thank everyone that has joined us in this BB.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Everyone

well the BB has been a good turnout with all things going well the UK guy has been on to it and getting the job done.

on another note with regards to reg adapters and this new SS adapter the adapter that Ikegger are selling to go from a full sixe CO2 bottle to a mini regs, look ok fit onto a std co2 bottle but won't screw on to out new adapter.. why not as a std reg screws onto both with no probs.. so I rang Ikegger today to ask the question why it doesn't screw on it .. their answer no idea!!! WTF

I thought this would have been a good answer for the guys to use their SS bottle with this adapter and mini reg.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. pic's attached

20161205_144540.jpg 20161205_144602.jpg 20161205_160330.jpg

Rgds
Chris

ziggy459 said:
Hi Everyone

well the BB has been a good turnout with all things going well the UK guy has been on to it and getting the job done.

on another note with regards to reg adapters and this new SS adapter the adapter that Ikegger are selling to go from a full sixe CO2 bottle to a mini regs, look ok fit onto a std co2 bottle but won't screw on to out new adapter.. why not as a std reg screws onto both with no probs.. so I rang Ikegger today to ask the question why it doesn't screw on it .. their answer no idea!!! WTF

I thought this would have been a good answer for the guys to use their SS bottle with this adapter and mini reg.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. pic's attached

attachicon.gif
20161205_144540.jpg
attachicon.gif
20161205_144602.jpg
attachicon.gif
20161205_160330.jpg

Rgds
Chris
I've got one of the eBay mini reg's which have a few different adaptors on the inlet to the mini reg. Do you have one of these and does the SS adaptor go into the mini reg?

Hey DJ L3ThAL

Well the adapter screws in the mini reg no probs need to use allen key to screw it down internally .. but the std co2 end does not screw onto the new SS adapter we have brought from the UK, I don't why when a std reg screws onto that adapter?

Have a look at these pics as you can see the co2 end only screws in a little bit won't screw down so you can seal it.

20161206_094801.jpg 20161206_094843.jpg 20161206_094938.jpg

maybe need to run a die nut down the SS thread.

Rgds
Chris

Sounds like the UK adaptor is a tapered thread (although it doesn't look like it, maybe the female is tapered?) but we need it to be parallel as it seals on the silicone washer inside the mini reg. Damn.

Doesn't make sense though and all of these threads should be a parallel (aka straight) thread as the seal is made on the face seal and not the thread.

Q - why do you have that other adaptor between the UK one and the mini reg though? I thought the UK adaptor would be able to go directly into the mini reg?

Can you take a photo of the UK adapter thread next to the one on the Co2 bottle so we can get a visual comparison.

ok guys hope this clears it up some for everyone... what the idea behind all was to see if this adapter from ikegger would screw onto
our SS adapter we have brought from the UK, it was just a thought that ppl could use our new SS apater with the mini reg and spare adapter that was supplied with it.

the ikegger adapter screws into that extra adapter that was supplied with our mini reg, pls see attached pics hope this has cleared your questions.

rgds
CB

20161206_125555.jpg 20161206_125617.jpg 20161206_125702.jpg

20161206_125750.jpg [attachment=93463:20161206_125811.jpg

just remember that you can not just screw a co2 bottle at full pressure though the SS adapter without a high gauge or an adapter that filters that high pressure.

I forgot to mention that the ikegger adapter did screw on the keg king brass adapter but with effort

Attachments

• 20161206_125811.jpg
    20161206_125811.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 38
Yep. I understand all of what ziggy/Chris has posted with using the ikegger adapter to connect the mini reg to our UK adapter.
It def should work.
Makes no sense that it wouldn't.
Could be a tapered thread somewhere, but that still makes no sense - everything else fits an equivalent male or female, except for the adapter to adapter combo.
Goddammitt!! Frustrating!

Could I be a burred thread somewhere? (I know that doesn't sound right either, but there must be some reason it doesn't match up.

So did we (collectively) know that an adaptor would also be required in between the SS adaptor and the mini reg all along? I didn't pick up on that, my fault I know. But it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

iKegger is a US site, so their SS threads are different slightly, as techno and I learned with our initial experience with the mini reg. I've got a 'paintball' cylinder adaptor with my mini reg (eBay one) so can try that when this UK SS adaptor rolls in and see if that ends up getting the SS into the mini reg. I think it's the same thread as a US SS cylinder thread.

Latest posts

Back