So What Time Does Your Bar Open On Xmas Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i get a phone call around 7:30 around my grannys at 8:30 with the kegs 4 kegs 4 people gets messy around 10ish

Probably around 10am with a glass of sparkling shiraz, both to open our presents to, and to get us prepared for lunch with my parents. Then when we get home, polish off the bottle to calm our nerves! Ahh the holiday cheer!
Merry Christmas to all.

May I suggest a bottle of Morris Sparkling Durif. Absolutely fantastic way to start
the Christmas spirit flowing.

Regards

Graeme

Going to the inlaws for xmas, so I will have to test the taps before heading around there (missus can drive) to make sure that it is working when I get back. So I guess the 1st will be around 9am.
Like many others, my bar also has a 24Hr licence and I can still serve out of glass (rather than plastic) after midnight.

As soon as the accursed mother-in-law arrives, usually around 10am. <_<
What? No prep time?

I work with a few people who subscribe to "Start early and keep drinking". These are people (mostly women) with older children and relatives dropping in.

As for me, I'm with P&C. My bar is never closed! :beerbang:

Les

As for me, I'm with P&C. My bar is never closed

me to... never to early never to late... just depends if you feel like it... i hope this blasted cold I have goes away my palate has gone of beer the time!

May I suggest a bottle of Morris Sparkling Durif. Absolutely fantastic way to start
the Christmas spirit flowing.

Regards

Graeme
Always open to suggestions!
Cheers Graeme, will google it now.

Mine will probably still be open from xmas eve, with me snoring on the couch. <_<

Bubbly with pressies and breakfast, Then beers after that. So probably about 0730-0800??

Besides as others have metioned, the bar is always open. The only person i have to justify my drinking habbits to is myself B)

Cheers

Merry Christmas or (insert other religous holiday here) to all

Leary

Always open to suggestions!
Cheers Graeme, will google it now.

I googled it and I like the suggestion to serve it with... Yum

Serve with grilled bacon-wrapped prunes.

Bubbly with pressies and breakfast, Then beers after that. So probably about 0730-0800??

Leary

That's our routine too. Except I'll need to drive to the rello's (with many BYO in tow). So after the champers, I'll just keep things simmering until about 10:30 - 11. Then it's on until Boxing day.

What? No prep time?

My prep time is the previous 364 days. ;)

But seriously - those of you with only children - have one more, for your child's sake. My wife is an only child and unfortunately there's no one else to divide her mom's (unwanted) attention. And my liver is suffering for it. :rolleyes:

Night shift for me on xmas day so NO BEER for me. Maybe a red wine with lunch.

One word Razz HOLIDAYS 18thDec to 18thJan :D

I know you hate me

And i would have had to work chrissy day as im on B Platoon

O and my bar opens when the pressies are done which with my kids should be around 0700Hrs

People dont seem to get up until 9 ish at my place I usually have one whilst opening the presents about 9.30 then straight through to lunch at about 2.30 after lunch its slowly downhill, then play with my toys if I am still awake :D

Pumpy :)

Midday for me. Same as every other day. Never drink before 12 unless it's a carry-over from the night before. Must admit I do clock-watch on Christmas day and as soon as the second hand hits the 12, GAME ON B) Won't be HB this year tho, maybe a nice Pilsner Urquell tho...

2pm :ph34r: if the better half Drives.....
Never if she doesn't! :(

Everyone's around at my place this year, so after the present-champagne-croissant silliness, it's into the ESB/weizen on the deck by about 9.30am.
I just hope this damn Melbourne weather improves.

this year I'll be starting around 8:05pm on the 24th (knock off work at 8:00pm, gives me 5 min to get out of there and to the pub and order a beer :p)

probably have some sort of shut eye before starting again on the 25th.

OPen.jpg

It seems to get earlier each year!

Wasn't home for Christmas last year...was in Belgium :D... but from years before it went from cracking open the champers at 1 when the family arrived, to 12, to 11, to 10 with breakfast.
This year i'm assuming i'm simply gonna wake up with a glass of champers in my hand.

:icon_offtopic:
Does anyone go to the trouble of making sure that noone drinks shit commercial beer on Christmas?
That is my goal this year. Load up the fridge with as much good beer as possible so the only choice the relos have is good beer...or something else.

Latest posts

Back